Lift / Leveling Kits

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Anderson

Reaction score
Hello All! I could go through the website to look this up probably (except I did search "lift kits" and nothing came up) but I thought I would just put this out there. My son has a 2007 ST Limited that he wants to put a smaller wheel (17) but a bigger, aggressive looking all-terrain tire on it. We're going to have about $1500 in this little project (and by "we're", I mean me!) but I need to find a lift kit for it. Unless I'm mistaken, it needs a 3" lift in the front and 2" in the back to make it level? Can anyone suggest not necessarily a cheap kit but something I don't have to spend the national debt on?

Thanks for any help!

Jim

How did you arrive at those numbers for lift? Due to the IRS and the fact that the rear half shafts pass through slots in the frame rails I doubt you would be able to achieve that much lift on the rear suspension.

My approach on my '07 has been to use Rancho Quick-Lift coil-over shock assemblies which will get you about 1" to 1 1/2" of lift all around. That is about the maximum I would recommend. I am also running BFG 265/70 All-Terrain T/As on 17"x 8" factory forged aluminum wheels from a 1999 Mustang Cobra. That combination gets me just enough lift and wheel offset to allow me to still tow my enclosed trailer without any rear tire rubbing or any other clearance or durability issues.

1ad60440f61afad1590c6efcaca486bc.jpg

Ten pages of 2007-10 (Gen 2) ST lift threads searching "truxxx". (Now Traxda 102010)

Last edited by a moderator:
I should also mention that you can also run a 265/65 tire on the factory 18" wheels. I did that for several years until my factory wheels started to look so nasty that I wanted to replace them. I just happened to have the 17" Cobra wheels and the 17" tires were less expensive than the 18s and the overall tire diameter is about the same.

Just keep in mind that if you change the tire size to something similar you should also reprogram the computer to correct the speedometer. A larger diameter tire than stock will make the speedometer read slower than your actual speed.

Latest posts