Lift Springs or Heavy Duty leaf Springs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a Lift Leaf Spring setup available for the ST, not Add A Leaf, or does anyone know where to get some made. factory springs are worn out and starting to bend up. Any useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,

You are asking some really good questions. But, are the leaf spring actually worn out, or are the just inadequate or faulty from the factory? I have not heard of anyone posting a lift leaf setup in this site. You might check out the Explorer4x4.com forum. Have you checked with your local 4x4 shop? I added Roadmaster Active Suspension to our ST which made a big difference in handling with our A.R.E. cap. There are othere here that have added a leaf.

Superlift makes lifted springs. They will get you about 4" of lift and are stiff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My ST felt like it had no suspension for a long time until I started really flexing them out.

If you dont mind the stiffness. Chads suugestion is the way to do it over using longer shackles. With time and loads longer shackles will destroy the main leaf. As you stated bending backwards.