Lift: Why do the rear shackles if the front is low?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cov man

Reaction score
If you do the TT by itself won't the truck then be level? If you do the TT and the shackles, won't the rear sit up high (which is what I don't want)?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can purchase new torsion bar keys which have a different angle built into them so your front torsion bars dont become too stiff. I got mine from www.readylift.com :driving:

Most of them sit level the way they came from the factory. Warrior shackles lift the rear 1.25" and you can turn the torsion bars up the same amount. You do not need to get new torsion bar keys.

My '04 sat higher in the rear at oem.

I lowered the rear with blocks and new u-bolts, 1 1/2". Now it is level..

You can purchase new torsion bar keys which have a different angle built into them so your front torsion bars dont become too stiff.

Re-indexed torsion lift or drop keys do the exact same thing as a TT. Only benefit is more adjustment

if the bolts are maxed. Bar stiffness, ride quality, and LCA angle remain the same with both methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you will have a little rake but very little. I gained just under 3" in the rear with mine and 2" up front with the TT. But that's what I was going for. If you want ~.5" less you could do an add a leaf.

Latest posts