Light issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia Grant

Reaction score
I have 2 current external light issues with my 2003 ST that I'm hoping someone else has encountered:

The white lights on both sides of the high brake light no longer come on when the truck is in Reverse, but they do come on when doors are opened, so I don't think it's a bulb issue.

Also, one of the front orange running lights no longer comes on when the headlights are on, but it does blink when I use the turn signal or the hazzard lights. Could there actually be 2 bulbs in that light housing? Or could this be a fuse issue?

Is there a project online for replacing the front running light bulbs? It's not obvious to me how to get access to those.

Thanks for any help!

Is there a project online for replacing the front running light bulbs?

or is this what you are looking for.

The 2 white lights next to the brake light do not come on when the truck is in reverse....

Depending on year they come on when the door is opened or the interior light is on..

The Directional issue is just a bad bulb.... There is 1 bulb with to filaments in it so you should only have to replace the bulb.

hope that helps !!

Todd Z

or is this what you are looking for.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/FogLightBulbs/FogLightBulbReplacement.htm

She's referring to her parking lights. Not fog lights.

Mark, In my neck of the woods. White lensed fog lights are also called running or driving lights. Parking lights can also be called running lights. So I was not clear what she wanted.

When you get as old as me. You hear alot of names to things.

Stop being a smart egg, and correcting me and others as you see fit.:smile0008:

Especially when someone is trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lights on either side of the high mount stop light aren't backup lights. They are bed lights. They are supposed to light up the bed of the truck so you can see back there at night. The backup lights are the white sections of the tail-lights. Those should come on when in reverse.

Latest posts