Like Pizza? If you own a Camaro that runs, free pizza at PapaJohn's tommorrow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64972

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
I saw this post on another site! I don't have a Camaro so it's not for me!

Like Pizza?

If you have a PapaJohn's pizza place near you AND you are a Camaro owner (car needs to be drivable), you can get a free pizza at PapaJohn's tomorrow (Wednesday, 26 August.)

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/small_biz/2009/08/25/2009-08-25_free_papa_johns_pizza_on_wednesday_to_all_camaro_owners_.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a nice day to pick up a couple large free pies. The wife is taking the vert and i'll take the coupe.

Beautiful Camaro's buzzworth. Enjoy the pizza's!

Way back, 28 years ago when I had my Acapulco Blue 1969 BOSS 302...my dream was to get a 1969 Z/28 in blue with white stripes to set next to it in the garage. Kids changed my priorities.

'07 ST:D

Have you ever eaten a PJ pizza !!

YUCK !!!

i will take my NY pizza any day....

Todd Z

Todd, you just lost some points with me....:D Papa John's is by far the best of the chain pizzas!! I agree, NY pizza is good stuff, I had a couple of pies when I was there in January. I must say though, they're made so differently that they're almost 2 completely different foods.

edit - I'll admit that I've never tried a pizza from Uno's, as I've heard they're very good, but we don't have any of them around my town. I'll be back in Chicago next week, I'll have to try and get one while I'm there.

Papa John's, like Pizza Hut and Dominos is what we call PINO..."Pizza In Name Only".

Which is funny, because we have a mom and pop pizza place called "Pino's", which is pretty good. Another around the corner called "Parm-A-John's", and it is the best.

Chain pizza is to pizza as Olive Garden is to Italian, or Taco Bell to Mexican.

We in the Northeast are fortunate to be able to get good pizza most anywhere.

TJR

...and elsewhere in the country, these national pizza chains represent the pinnacle of pizza purchasing, and the local/regional brands that are cheaper (with far less quality than the "name brands", which you might feel impossible lol) are normal fare.

KL,

Yep. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

I'm sure there are many parts of the country where the chains rule because people don't have other options.

But I've never been to a part of the country were the local, regional brands were "on average" worse, and inferior in quality to the national chains. I've been to places where there were ONLY national chains. But wherever there are local/regional guys, they (on average) do a better job....or so are my experiences.

TJR

I agree with all the posts regarding the inferiority of the major chain pizzas. That said, even among those chains, Papa John's is still pretty poor. I'll gladly take Papa Murphy's over any of the store-baked major chains any day--and if I have to eat something from a store-baked major chain, both Pizza Hut and Domino's beat PJ IMHO.

TJR, I'll have to agree with KL, and say that there are quite a few places out there where the "average" is inferior to the national chains. And I think the Twin Cities is one of them. There are definitely places out there where you can get a great pizza, if you do some searching--but there are so many of the AWFUL ones, basically serving catsup on a shingle, that the average for the area is far poorer than the average of the national chains.

I actually prefer Papa John's over the other chains. Although If I had to choose where I would get pizza in the Twin Cities it would be Roccy Roccocco, that's some good pizza:cool:

Bill V,

That may be the case, that there are places in this country where there are a number of small pizza shops and on average they are inferior to the chains. I haven't found that to be the case anywhere I have worked, lived, or traveled....but obviously I haven't been everywhere.

I agree that Papa John's is better than the other chains mentioned. However, I have to say, Pizza Hut's Meat Lover's pan pizza is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Uno's is very good, IMHO. California Brick Oven is even better, but harder to find in some areas. But, I don't count Uno's, or California Brick Oven, or even Mellow Mushroom (my new Atlanta area fave) at the same rung as Dominos, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, and the like.

Still, I have to agree with Todd. In all the places I've been even the worst local, small guys tend to beat the national chains.

TJR

Andy, I was unaware that Rocky Rococo still had any presence in the Twin Cities. I thought they were pretty much Wisconsin-only these days.