Location of keyless entry code?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon lawrence

Reaction score
I was never given the factory code for the keyless entry system for my new/used s/t. I have done some research online and found that on the f150's and the explorer, ther is a sticker with the factory code loacted on some type of computer module. I have peeked around behind a few of the panels in my sport trac, but cant find any little computer module with any sticker on it. I'm hopeing the dealer didnt peel the sticker off in order to get me to pay for the retrieval of the code. Can someone please let me know the exact location of the computer module, and how many digits the code should be??

Thanks a million,

Jon

2002 Sport Trac

I believe on your 02 st you have to remove the passenger side airbag or the lower part of the dash to find the security module, The code is on there...

A dealer can scan the computer and reprogram it for you, but that can be expensive..

ALSO look in the owners manual for a credit card looking thing, some times old owners leave it in there...

Todd Z

ok, i pulled out the glove box, and the passanger side airbag, and no little security module that i can see. What might it look like???? Any other locations? anyone?:(:(

My father had this same problem. There was no code in the air bag part, and we also had to look behind the back seat. I guess if you take off a plastic piece there you can find it back there also... Turns out we had to take it back into them at the dealership and they looked hooked it up and go it for us for free. Best of luck!

jon

you are looking in the right place .....It's a white sticker w/ 5 digits , all odd number. I have never look for one but it's been talk about alot here. Hope this is of some help.

Oh yeah welcome to the site !!

I have a 2001, and my code was located between the storage compartments behind the back seats. Just ran a small mirror through one of the compartments to see the numbers. Same little white sticker w/ 5 digits all odd numbers. I guess maybe they moved it on the 02 models??

Job 1 Tracs it is behind the rear sear behind the back wall cover.

Job 2's, behind the glove box where you are looking.... If it is not there, you will be the first to have it in a different location...

Latest posts