locker on a 4x2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summit Racing is one place.

If you are handy with tools, install is not a problem. If you do not know the difference between a wrench and a hammer, you are best off paying someone of forgetting about getting one.

That is just my thoughts though.

Tom

i did a search on the topic and from what i've read it seems like a simple project, im locking for a locker for more of a street application than off-roading, between the powertrax and the aussie which would be better on the street?

I would be more worried about price and availability that anything else. Also warranty could be a factor too.

Tom

The Aussie costs less than the Powertrax, but the Powertrax has another option more 'suitable' for on-road use (linked here) ... costs about twice as much as The Aussie tho, and I have the AussieLocker on mine ... can hear a little clicking, but nothing annoying. The Aussie was made made by on of the original designers on the PowerTrax (see link in added links) ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent in a project to install a Powertrax No-Slip. It is more of a street locker than most of the others. I got it from Roocky Road Outfitters. They had one of the best prices around. It took about a month to get. The makers of the Powertrax only run certain ones through the production lines at any one given time.