Look what I just bought!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
I just ordered this today. I can't wait for it to get here so it can be installed! Anyone else get this?

http://www.performancecenter.com/product/Exhaust+%26+Headers/Exhaust+Systems/0/4/0/Ford/2007/Sport+Trac/4.6L?brandname=Magna+Flow

Look for significant performance gains of 14.8 horsepower and 17 ft-lbs. of torque for the 4.6L V6. These are improvements that you can really feel and hear.

i like catchin typos :p

That'll sound even better with your v-8 ;)

I just bought a Cherry Red Limited with the V8. I was thinking about that exhaust system till I got talking to a guy who installed one of his Sport Trac. Said he lost 2mpg on the highway mileage. It sounds pretty decent though..

Well I am going to be adding more mods as time goes, but this is the 1st as far as the engine goes. After that I think I am going to possibly go with the Zabteck true cold air intake set up. After that I was thinking about the throttle body, and then coil pack.

Bootsy, congrats on your Magnaflow exhaust purchase.

I highly reccomend the Zabteck modified throttle body before you do the cold air intake, and even before the coil pack. IMO the modified TB is the best bang for your buck, even over the exhaust system.;)

Yep, I currently have Todds modified TB and a drop in K&N air filter. You immediately feel the results as soon as you install it. My gas mileage has increased (21.4MPG highway and ~15.6 MPG city) along with throttle response, and horsepower(although I don't have official dyno documentation). Honestly, you won't be disappointed.....

Lil Red, I will take your advice on the TB. You seem to know what's up. ;)

Scott, I had no idea anything fit our ST's yet. Do you happen to have a link?

That looks like a good price, all the other websites I've checked all list it at $470.75, makes you wonder if any of them are affiliated or if that is the true MSRP. Would installing the Magnaflow and Zabteck TB require an XCAL as well?

Congrads!!!! Mines is getting installed today on my '04 along with my RT Y-pipe & CAT.

just found this on ebay, not sure if better, depending on how much you paid shipping:

Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

$339.95 for item

$59.99 for shipping

Shipping insurance - Not offered

Thanks for the research Bootsy and shvdnlayd (I wish you would buy some vowels, I can't remember your spelling without double checking), I phoned the 800 number for Performancecenter, they said shipping in the US is free, so I bought the Magnaflow and am having it sent to Point Roberts WA. Normally my wife would want to kill me for something like this but she knows after 50 a man either has an affair or buys a motorcycle, for me my ST is my motorcycle. (Actually I'm just trying to justify this to myself, my wife is really a very understanding person.)

Bootsy, do the throttle body and then the cold air, including the MAF, you will see alot of improvement right off the bat. The coil pack will help some on overall performance. But the air inlet and outlet are the best things._Ron

oh great ! just what i needed :rolleyes:

after i said , no mods for my 07 V-8, i have been thinking about todd's tb and the magnaflow exhaust.

thanks fast eddie for bringing that sound clip back. i have been on the fence before this post, but now i am leaning toward the mod's :cool:

lil red, thanks for your input on the tb, i was about to post about everyones opinion on it. i had a magnaflow on my 04 adren, and i wan't to ask you 07 owners with the magnaflow about the interior cabin noise. i really wan't to stay away from the cabin noise that i had with the 04. i know, you can't have your cake and eat it too!

zabtech employees are banned from answering my request :p

Last edited by a moderator: