• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle Wanted Looking for 4WD Sport Trac, relatively low mileage, very open to something built (lift/tires), but stock is fine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantatrac

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm very interested in getting a clean, lowish mileage, 4WD (or AWD) Sport Trac. I'm located in CO but can have the vehicle shipped no problem. I have an older short wheelbase truck which is super fun but it is just not that reliable and constantly in the shop. I'm ready for a vehicle that I can have some fun with but can serve as my DD.

We can talk more about my specific situation and all that jazz. Looking forward to speaking to you all, I always enjoy getting vehicles from forums because the people are knowledgeable and decent human beings (for the most part 😅).

I just decided to start the process of selling my 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin, AWD, 6 cyl., keyless entry pad on drivers door, lots of customizations from projects on this site: Monroe shocks all around, took off the resonator when I replaced the muffler system (better for engine and sound), brakes were upgraded to ceramic pads and new rotors, tires upgraded and made wider (much better ride), LED lights in many ways, halogen head lamps but LEDs around the lights, halogen fogs, LED lights in interior, wood grain paneling inside the dash/doors/console, 93,000 miles, garaged, never used for commuting, polished and waxed often, no accidents, 100% gasoline (no ethanol used), permanent washable air filter, oil filter tube for easy draining, never on salted roads, Pioneer audio upgrade with Apple Airplay last year. I have always serviced the vehicle every 6 months at the same Ted Britt Ford here in Chantilly, Virginia. I can provide copies of the services records and the same service guy at Ted Britt who can share how much I care for my vehicles. I love this truck but I am retiring and rarely drive it once a month if lucky so I ordered a new Lincoln Corsair yesterday and need to downsize. If interested, send me an email: [email protected] or call my cell 703-507-0345. Located in Aldie, Virginia (about 45 miles outside DC area. Heyward

Last edited:
See pictures. AC recently replaced the coolant (which it really did not need but I wanted to make sure), average 18 MPG with 100% gas, no rust, paint in incredible condition. Open to offers. I have about 60 pictures and can send them all if desired. I uploaded all of the pictures to my profile pictures section and made them available to all.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.png
    IMG_0107.png
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I'm very interested in getting a clean, lowish mileage, 4WD (or AWD) Sport Trac. I'm located in CO but can have the vehicle shipped no problem. I have an older short wheelbase truck which is super fun but it is just not that reliable and constantly in the shop. I'm ready for a vehicle that I can have some fun with but can serve as my DD.

We can talk more about my specific situation and all that jazz. Looking forward to speaking to you all, I always enjoy getting vehicles from forums because the people are knowledgeable and decent human beings (for the most part 😅).
Your post date says Nov 9. Did you find a ST or are you still in the market?

I'm very much still in the market. Trying to coordinate stuff selling my personal vehicle which takes some work. Been talking to Heyward as well but let me know what you have.

I'm very much still in the market. Trying to coordinate stuff selling my personal vehicle which takes some work. Been talking to Heyward as well but let me know what you have.
I have an '05 XLT 4WD with 114k mi that I would consider selling, if the price was right. It's red with gray leather interior. It has a sunroof, auto sliding rear window, factory tonneau bed cover, heated seats, trailer hitch, and an after-market Pioneer receiver with CD, Bluetooth, XM, and hands-free phone connection. It's in good condition overall but does have some clearcoat/paint fade on the driver's side. I would need $8500. If you are still interested, I can take some pics to post.

I have an '05 XLT 4WD with 114k mi that I would consider selling, if the price was right. It's red with gray leather interior. It has a sunroof, auto sliding rear window, factory tonneau bed cover, heated seats, trailer hitch, and an after-market Pioneer receiver with CD, Bluetooth, XM, and hands-free phone connection. It's in good condition overall but does have some clearcoat/paint fade on the driver's side. I would need $8500. If you are still interested, I can take some pics to post.

Not really a fan of red, to be honest. Thanks for reaching out.

I have an 04 XLT 4x4 am willing to part with. Was keeping it up for years waiting for the college student to decide to get a driver license but not going to happen. It’s a 5 window and only the driver seat shows wear on the interior. 160K miles new radiator, transfer case motor, transfer module, battery, power steering pump, steering actuator, AC compressor. At about 100K the transmission was rebuilt and front wheel bearings were replaced by Ford service center. The color is Estate Green still a high gloss A reasonable price for the condition is $5K.

I have an 04 XLT 4x4 am willing to part with. Was keeping it up for years waiting for the college student to decide to get a driver license but not going to happen. It’s a 5 window and only the driver seat shows wear on the interior. 160K miles new radiator, transfer case motor, transfer module, battery, power steering pump, steering actuator, AC compressor. At about 100K the transmission was rebuilt and front wheel bearings were replaced by Ford service center. The color is Estate Green still a high gloss A reasonable price for the condition is $5K.
Forgot to add it has a lift key set on the torsion bars that raises the front end 4” to accommodate the new 265/70R16 Dueler H/T Alenza tire installed in June at Costco.

I just decided to start the process of selling my 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin, AWD, 6 cyl., keyless entry pad on drivers door, lots of customizations from projects on this site: Monroe shocks all around, took off the resonator when I replaced the muffler system (better for engine and sound), brakes were upgraded to ceramic pads and new rotors, tires upgraded and made wider (much better ride), LED lights in many ways, halogen head lamps but LEDs around the lights, halogen fogs, LED lights in interior, wood grain paneling inside the dash/doors/console, 93,000 miles, garaged, never used for commuting, polished and waxed often, no accidents, 100% gasoline (no ethanol used), permanent washable air filter, oil filter tube for easy draining, never on salted roads, Pioneer audio upgrade with Apple Airplay last year. I have always serviced the vehicle every 6 months at the same Ted Britt Ford here in Chantilly, Virginia. I can provide copies of the services records and the same service guy at Ted Britt who can share how much I care for my vehicles. I love this truck but I am retiring and rarely drive it once a month if lucky so I ordered a new Lincoln Corsair yesterday and need to downsize. If interested, send me an email: [email protected] or call my cell 703-507-0345. Located in Aldie, Virginia (about 45 miles outside DC area. Heyward
How much ?

If you are still interested I've got an 03 Dark Blue 4x4 up in Minnesota that is really clean. The body has 182k on it but the engine was replaced this summer with a 101k mile engine. No timing chain rattle at all. Everything works. The only bummer is the hard tonneau cover is missing the key/keys. Send me a message if interested. I would be asking $4500

Hey everyone,

135 k too much for a 2010 4.6 V8 Limited edition 4x4 & AWD ?

From what I have found, a 2010 Adrenalin would be around $18k with those miles. I priced my 2008 Adrenalin at $15.5 based on a nationwide search and only found a few for sale.

135k miles is average on market, average price well people are going off what dealers have jacked prices up to. i love tracs but what people are selling them for is crazy in my OPINION, you can get a entry level maveric for 20k, with warranty, the trouble with 11 year plus trucks is fixing or replacing non available parts. look around and you can find deals but 5 years ago you can buy 2010 tracs for 8k with half the miles. the only reason i would buy a trac is the love and there different. but get a 2010, and if the 11 year old trans go out well add another 6k. but if you are going to pull the trigger find a original owned truck and look at maintenance records. people are not going to like this post but just trying to help.

Latest posts