Looking for advice on ic replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sta2543

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2nd gen sport trac Adrenalin, a 2010, and I need to replace the instrument cluster due to a malfunction. The vehicle was imported from Canada after its first owner and I’m assuming the cluster was reprogrammed from kph to mph? The cluster part number is al2t-10849-da and when I look that number up it comes back as a kph cluster and nobody anywhere has a used one for sale matching that number. However even though it’s a kph cluster it is definitely in mph… so my question is should I look for any 2nd gen cluster with the 4 line message screen and see if I can get the pcm and a key from the same junkyard vehicle? Or should I buy a similar to mine used cluster and have Ford reprogram it to match my pcm and keys? Would Ford even do this though as it would be a used cluster and not brand new? Thanks for any advice. I don’t know what would be easier or more cost effective to do.

you can install the usa version from any 2010 with the same size screen, XLT and limited were different. Then use FORSCAN software from a laptop to program the dash computer..... Im not 100% on doing it but i have seen it was done by a few people.

Ty Todd, so I should look for one from a 2010 limited with the 4 lines message center and no temp display in the message? I’ve heard of the forscan but no idea what’s involved so I’ll start searching. Thanks again

Just to follow up, the ic swap went well. Had to find a exact matching cluster, using Forscan to backup all the old “as built data” for each module, unplug the old cluster and plug in the “new” cluster, re connect forscan and type in the old “as built data” in place of the as built data for the new cluster, click “write all” to write the data, and then sync the new cluster to the pats and pcm using Forscan. Have both keys with you just in case you need them

That's great.... Glad you got it working !! you also could to the 4WD LOW conversion too now.... if you need it..

Latest posts