• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle Wanted Looking for Clean 2nd Gen Sport Trac Adrenalin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetMechVet

Reaction score
As the title says, i'm looking for a clean Sport Trac Adrenalin. I've been looking for a few months now and all the ones from the dealership have a good amount of rust as many of them come from the north. So I figured it would be best to join the forum and maybe find one from a private owner that has taken well care of their STA. I would prefer the V8 option and do not care if its RWD or AWD. I currently live in VA, but I'm obviously willing to travel.

Thank you
-Luis

I have a second gen STA and it's not for sale. However, it is just a trim package for the most part. I would think that you could transform any Sport Trac to something similar to an Adrenalin a bit cheaper than the entry ticket to an Adrenalin. I think the 4X4 versions of the Sport Trac are just as or more than capable as the Adrenalin There are some examples on this forum that are pretty impressive. If you just like the STA look and have no mechanical capabilities, then you may be looking for awhile. If it has to be a STA, there seems to be one or more here that are on the market if you can afford the freight.

Thanks for the feedback. I am quite mechanically inclined and I thought about doing a conversion myself, but the cost and time to find all the parts is not worth the trouble IMO.

I was able to locate and purchase a very clean STA. 2008 4.6 AWD with 60,000 miles on the odometer, garage kept.

Sounds like a great find. My 2008 had 129K miles on it. It is was also garaged.
IMG_3257.JPG

Last edited:
Are any of these Supercharged AWD ST Adrenalines? That's what I was looking for, and couldn't find one (not one for sale in the total of the US, that I could find). Settled for my color choice, black, 4X4, V8. And from what I've been reading, it seems the 4x4 might be the better option there, but I don't want to speak out of turn...

I just wanted to make sure I had a 4x4 (or AWD) truck, black, and wanted 400-500 RWHP, and wanted the looks of the Adrenaline. I THOUGHT that was all of them. I didn't realize they weren't all SC'd and AWD.

They all (Adrenalines) look the way I want mine to. I didn't know most (if not all? I'm still trying to figure it out) had/have the same v8 that mine has (3-valve V-8). Were there any 32-valve, Supercharged, AWD, V8 Adrenalines out there?

According to what I read, the Supercharged STA was planned, but never produced. I also don't think any 32-valved engines were used in any of the Sport Tracs. My 2008 STA is a 24-valve engine.

I don’t think any of the later Adrenalins were supercharged- not an option. They also did not come 4x4. Pretty sure you had 2 wheel drive or AWD only

So I've been chasing my tail/chasing Amy? What I've been looking for was the Ford desired vehicle, that wasn't produced? I really thought SVT (Cobra) team made V8, Supercharged, AWD. BOOOO if they didn't :(

I ran into the same problem when I started looking for a Mustang replacement in a truck. I love the STA, but they are modern day dogs without forced induction or other mods. The biggest problem is no headers will fit the 2nd gen ST with a 4.6.

Talk about hi-jacking a WTB thread. Many of the questions posed on this thread can be easily googled. In regards to the headers, I believe somone did actually get some to fit after some slight mods. Its what I plan to do in time. In regards to supercharging the STA, there are quite a few that have done that and there are kits by brenspeed. I'm think the coyote swap may be a better option for a bit more, but well see if I decide to go that route or not (not anytime soon).

All, I just noticed at GROOVE FORD in Centennial, Co is a Gen2 Adrenalin with 64k miles. Silver in color.

It will be interesting to see how quickly it sells at that price ($23,590). Looks to be in nice condition and since it was a local vehicle there is probably no rust at all. Obviously the used car people weigh the low mileage against the 11 year old age when pricing a vehicle but when do the aging components and increasing lack of availability of replacement parts make spending this much not such a good idea?

I have my Gen2 STA, but I’m going to go take a look at this one at GROOVE just for the purpose of seeing what the rust conditions is since it very close to my place.

Hmm. Might be interested.
You should try cleaning the Rims up a bit with just a scrub pad then respraying with $12 worth of Plasti Dip, made a huge difference on my stock Rims recently. I also had my front windows tinted to match the back, much preferred.
Do you know if that radio is easy to swap out with something like a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX with Android Auto/Carplay?

The parts are no longer available to covert...aint happening....
Someone on the FB forum just bought a 2010 with 18K original miles..... Need to widen your search....
I personally would stick with a limited..... you wreck the adren, totaled...no parts available....
Good luck in your search.

I have my Gen2 STA, but I’m going to go take a look at this one at GROOVE just for the purpose of seeing what the rust conditions is since it very close to my place.
Update: I stopped back by GROOVE FORD a few weeks ago and the 2010 STA (sliver-low miles) they had on their lot SOLD for full price at $23,590 per the sales manager. Crazy.

It sold within a couple days.
I just had my 2010 Repainted the original black, but I have been looking for a lighter color for the Florida heat. - I’m not fond of trying to blend paint colors.

Update: I stopped back by GROOVE FORD a few weeks ago and the 2010 STA (sliver-low miles) they had on their lot SOLD for full price at $23,590 per the sales manager. Crazy.
That guy just posted it on the FB forums that he bought it...