Looking for feed back about superchargers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beegle 2

Reaction score
Hey... I'm look at getting the supercharger kit from Explorer Express sometime after the first of the year. I was woundering if anyone has used it or know of someone useing it. Just looking for any feed back about it..... any problems, good, bad, anything.

Thanks

The kilt is a great fit, easy to install, ( time consuming and not recomended for the beginer to install) the instructions are clear and EE does help you over the phone if needed....

The only thing with any forced induction is the tuning of the computer...

Once installed it is recommended to get it adjusted and the tune adjusted based on dyno runs.

If not tuned properly you can run into serious problems.....

ALSO DO not change any thing with the S/C, it will cause problems...

Todd Z

As Todd said, dont alter the kit. One member here change the pulley for more boost. He ruined his motor. Also before buying the SC, do a compresion check. Make sure all cylinders are 5psi of each other. You will have less trouble with the tune.

What does anyone know about the tune that is sent from EE? Would my truck need to do further tuning with dyno runs if I use the EE tune?

Snooze, yes, you will need further dyno tuning if you want to run anything safely. All the tune from EE will do is allow you to get to the dyno without blowing anything up.

Tunes depend on other mods also, not just the s/c. Exhaust, pulleys, etc, etc, are vehicle specific, plus all vehicles vary a little bit with how well they run. Wires, plugs, everything comes into play when you're going forced induction.

That is a huge bummer. Why cant they send a tune that is more specific?

Because engines, like people, are different. Two people that look the same are different. The same goes with our Tracs. There are many different catch codes on the ECU's. You can not use any program for all of them. Differences change the performance and with Forced Induction, that makes even more of a difference.

As with ANY car, the best performance you can get is with a proper dyno tune. Even a stock vehicle could improve with a good dyno tune.

Tom