Looking for Specific Pic, Please.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
The one thing I dont like about my ST is that the height, even lowered 2" looks disproportional to the width. I want to get the 1.25" wheels spacers for the back, and wondering if this makes it look any more proportional? Does anyone have these spacers installed, and a direct rear shot of thier ST I can see?

I found that the 1.25" spacers bring the rear wheels out to match the fronts. It's subtle, but worth it in my opinion.

I don't have a pic right now but will post one if no one else does.

This is the best one I have right now, BUT it fills out the wheel wells real nice, makes the truck more stable and they are well worth it !!!!!!

Just properly install them...

[Broken External Image]:

Sorry, I can't really help you with 1.25". I got really carried away....2" on rear, 1.5" on front.

Chet

BTW...am I correct in thinking that you have to trim the lugs to fit 1.25" by 1/4"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chet If you have the oem rims, then no, But most aftermarket wheel you will.... So then go 1.5.

Todd Z

Hmmm. My lugs didn't need trimming on my 1.25" rear wheel spacers...oh well. I'm wanting to move those to the front and get some 2" ones for the rear. Where'd you get yours at, Chet?

My bad....for some reason I was thinking I had read that. I was thinking I got mine from AIM Industries, but I wrote down that I got them from Performance Wheel and Tire. I really think I went with AIM

Chet

I have a direct rear shot of mine with 1.3" spacers on the back, but the perspective won't really answer your question. I agree with Mookie that approx. 1.25" spacers will even out the look of fender/tires from front to back.

Here's a before and after pic between stock, and with 1.3" spacers added to the back hubs.

[Broken External Image]:

This is a pic of the 1.25" spacer showing how the stud sticks out 1/4" past the rim mating surface. If you have indentations on your rim in this area (such as the stock rims), you do not have to cut the studs. My aftermarket rims are flat on the mating surface, so it required cutting off the un-threaded portion of the stud. The threads still protrude past the lug nut as if stock.

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks for straightening me out Mookie. I remembered something about trimming the 1.25" but didn't mean to start any rumors. Good info.

Chet

Here is a shot of my St with 1 1/4" spacers. The spacers fit nicely with the stock wheels but I had to grind about 1/4" off the studs when I installed the new wheels. I did this withe the spacers still on the hubs using a electric drill and small grinding wheels. It took about 20 min. per hub.

[Broken External Image]:

Absolutely. That was the only thing I didn't like about the looks of the Sport Tracs. They look much more agressive in my opinion.

Chet

I agree with Chet, XST. I always thought the stock ST looked a little too tall and narrow from behind. I added the spacers, wider tires, removed the roof rails, and lowered it an inch. I'm not a big fan of the lowered look, which is why I only went down an inch.

None of these things are major changes by themselves, but together, they give the Trac a wider and more stable (and aggressive) looking stance.

Edit: This is the picture I was looking for earlier. Like I said, the angle is poor from being too close when I took the picture. I should have stood much farther back and used a zoom lens to flatten the perspective.

[Broken External Image]:

nice trac I have a 1.5 set on the rear

[Broken External Image]: