Looking for your opinion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

Reaction score
I recently purchased this hood scoop and am looking for your opinion. It is made for the F150 and based on the 2017 Raptor. I originally liked it but am not sure, may be a little to big. I also think it would look better flat black. Please tell me what you think.

Attachments

• 20220831_162556.jpg
    20220831_162556.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220831_162651.jpg
    20220831_162651.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0

wjwolfe82

V6 Engine
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Adrenalin
Reaction score
Yeah, looks too big...but, it's your truck and you can put whatever you want on it. ✌️

EricP

V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
I agree with the others that this is the wrong look for the Sport Trac hood. Too big and clunky, imo.
I am a fan of hood scoops, however. I modified a 35th Anniversary Mustang GT hood scoop and had it painted to match for my 2002. The contours match the shape of the hood perfectly.

1662303869758.png

Wade J

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
Reaction score
Here’s another more pricey option ~$550ish Amerihood
CF3E7375-F04F-4FAE-BCCE-05A9B8BDDA3B.jpeg

Before I purchased the hood I saw a few pics on a couple of Tracs and wasn’t sure I liked it but I went ahead and ordered anyways. I do like it now that I have it, maybe a little more aggressive than I wanted but as you know we don’t have a whole lotta options for our trucks. The scope/vents are functional. It is fiberglass but fit good after some adjustment. Also it comes white so if you want it color matched that will be more $.

RR-sport trac

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
Here’s another more pricey option ~$550ish Amerihood View attachment 3742

Before I purchased the hood I saw a few pics on a couple of Tracs and wasn’t sure I liked it but I went ahead and ordered anyways. I do like it now that I have it, maybe a little more aggressive than I wanted but as you know we don’t have a whole lotta options for our trucks. The scope/vents are functional. It is fiberglass but fit good after some adjustment. Also it comes white so if you want it color matched that will be more $.
Looks good - I an curios about where you scored the soft topper? - I looked for years and could not find one - finally went with ordering a new ARE hard topper but your soft topper makesthe truck look much more rugged and definitely a lot lighter!

EricP

V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score

I like that style. It looks like it belongs on the Trac. Bonus points for the functionality!

Reaction score

That looks awesome, thanks for sharing

Wade J

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
Reaction score
Looks good - I an curios about where you scored the soft topper? - I looked for years and could not find one - finally went with ordering a new ARE hard topper but your soft topper makesthe truck look much more rugged and definitely a lot lighter!
I got soft topper from softopper.com out of Boulder CO back in 2015. I like the soft topper a lot, it is super handy. Their website no longer lists the ST but they could probably still make it for ya. I have not seen another Trac with one but I have had a few Tacoma guys ask about it.

RR-sport trac

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
I got soft topper from softopper.com out of Boulder CO back in 2015. I like the soft topper a lot, it is super handy. Their website no longer lists the ST but they could probably still make it for ya. I have not seen another Trac with one but I have had a few Tacoma guys ask about it.
I was afraid you were going to say soft topper. Unfortunately they don't make them for the sport trac anymore - at least that is what I was told once I could get someone on the phone a couple of years ago - I would have made the trip over to Colorado to pick it up - used to live in Boulder - my wife and I have fond memories so any excuse to spend some time there - I have seen quite a few trucks and 4runners with that top over the years - looks good on your sport trac