Looking forward to Job 2 order

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vin Perrotta

Reaction score
I have made the decision to order a new Sport Trac when the Job 2 order forms are available at my dealer. I am hoping for a few changes to be added. I would like a rear sensing system option, as well as a heated mirror option. Both are available on Explorer and F-150, and i hope will be available on a Limited. I would also like Bodyside moldings available, as they were originally on early pictures of theSport Trac before they went into production. They are available already, will keep the clean lines the designers want and will protect my doors from dings that would be inevetable in the parking lot. I do know I can order Explorer bodyside moldings and have the dealer paint them, but would rather have them built in at the factory. If anyone knows about Job 2 details, is this possible? I know the vehicle has these parts available in production already, except for rear sensing on the new Sport Trac bumper. Thanks for any info onyone may have.

VP, i'm waiting on the Job 2's before ordering and I was wondering if body side molding would be offered as well. The rear sensors would be a great addition as well. Hopefully someone that has additional details on the Job 2's will chime in and give us the scoop.

Here's the scoop from my dealer for the 7/31 J2:

- Factory-installed DVD (8" screen) - OPT

- Door trim w/ pull cup (front doors) - STD

- Audio input jack (console) - STD

- Reverse sensing/park aid - OPT

- Exterior paint (3) - OPT:

1. Alloy (replaces Mineral Grey) - XLT/LTD

2. Dark Amethyst (replaces Dk Cherry) - LTD

3. *New: Orange Frost - LTD

- Appearance pkg - OPT

- External heated mirrors - OPT

Also, Added Starters can have multiple timing. I.e. PDBL comes in on 6/5 (was 5/1). They're timed between J1 and J2 (and J3 if there is one...hehe).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, I can't wait to see what the Chrome appearance package looks like! :D

I'll probably add both the appearance package and reverse sensing/parking aid

Is it safe to assume that the Door trim w/pull cup (front doors) will be standard and not an option?

Questions:

A) What does Alloy look like? (Edit: disregard this, just read the other thread) I would rather they swapped dark stone for alloy than mineral gray. Dark colors are a pain in the rear to keep looking nice. Silver, white and lighter metallics maintain their look much better with dust, dirt and nicks.

B) Dark Cherry is going away?! Dont know what "dark amethyst" looks like, but I think of purple when I think of amethyst. :unsure: Purple is NOT cool.

So, sounds like two of my three top choices for a job 2, mineral grey and Dk cherry, are going away!?:angry: It kind of seems like cherry was a favorite around here...am I wrong. But hey, pueblo gold, now there's a favorite....:rolleyes:

Door handles are a good thing though. :)

Back up sensor very good! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo, when can expect to see samples of these fine colors and pictures of the new handles?

Jeez, Paulman, *I* haven't even seen them! (Except for an alloy plaque... ;-) The inside door handles will make it easier to close. (Also, the grab handle on the front doors will be history...2nd row doors will still have 'em.)

That's allright, I'll be patient.

Sort of...

Okay, maybe not so much.

I have decisions to make, money to spend, need facts!

Colors = important

I had actually considered changing and waiting for Job 2 because where I live the heated exterior mirrors would be great. We love them on our Passat. But NO WAY do I want the heated windshield because of the problems stated here and by other people who have had similar in other cars. The problem with headlights causing glare from hitting the tiny wires is enough for me to pass.

Thanks for the update.

The plan according to the ordering guide was for Job 2 to start 8/7. We'll see.