Looking to buy a GPS system.Any help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Garmin 2620 that I use in my semi. The ability to change address's or recalculate arrival time is a real nice feature verse others I've seen which require a lap top to re-route.

I use my Palm Pilot, it's a Tungston E. I bought the GPS Card, it's great because I use all the Palm features while at work, then the GPS features when traveling.

Ron

Got a Garmin Streepilot c330 from Ford as a promotion when I got the ST. It is a good feature filled unit, plug and play with easy to access menu for routing and also locating destinations, to include restaurants at where you are, hotels as well as gas stations. Got a voice prompt as well so you don't really need to look at the screen. The new c340 comes with built-in antenna. Check out the link below.

I have a Garmin iQue-3600.

It's basicly a PDA with a built in Satellite antenna and runs the Palm Operating System. Mine came complete with detailed maps of the USA, Canada and Mexico, a car mount with speaker and a docking station for your PC.

I plotted a 1200+ mile trip from Waco, TX to my daughters house about 15 miles north of Zanesville, Ohio. It announced every turn and even guided me around a detour onto dirt roads and always knew exactly where I was. Just as I turned in her driveway the GPS announced "Arriving at destination". Amazing accuracy!

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Garmin 276C, started off with the GPS V but it was too small and slow for auto navigation. The 276C absolutely rocks.

[Broken External Image]:

I'll throw my vote to the Lowrance 500c iWay.

Lowrance is huge in the marine GPS market. Their entry to the automotive GPS market is, without a doubt, a winner.