Looking to purchase handgun: Anyone want to sell?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan Tugby

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a handgun. I don't know a lot about them but I was issued an M9 beretta when I was in the service. When I got out my grandpa gave me an 40cal beretta and someone broke into my truck and stole it. So now I'm in the market for something similar to that. Any one want to sell?

evan

[email protected]

I won't sell you a gun, I'm attached to all of mine. But here is some good advice.

1. Go with a name brand gun. Smith&Wessen, Glock,Springfield,Ruger,Kimber,H&K..stay away from ones that say*hi point, raven,* ete,ete*

The name brand manufacturers will stand behind the weapon. Cost is usually a good indicator, the more expensive the pistol, the better it is...most of the time. A good pistol to buy that is very reasonable is the Springfield XD, they have it in both 9 mm and 40 S&W. It will run you about$500 give or take a bit. Very nice pistol. Glocks are good, the police dept love them. but the grips after a while are kinda uncomfortable if you shoot a couple of magazines. You will need to find a pistol that is very comfortable to shoot, one that makes your hands ache will lessen the joys of ownership..Buy one that fits your purpose, buying a S&W model 29 or a Desert Eagle is very manly, but very difficult for the carrying concealed part.

If you have a bunch more questions, I have included a link to a gun forum that is run by our guy Rich Stern(the MYST administrator)

Have a good one and enjoy the plinking

Bob Poole

i am also not selling one but i will say i have a springfield 1911 custom which is a great gun also a springfield XD 40 sub which is my CCW carry gun also a XD service 45 (bad a**) with both of my XD's i can keep a 4"group @ 30'

Last edited by a moderator:
not selling either but do your self a favor do it legally and if you plan on going stste to state with it make sure you file the right permits to do so:)

There are no permits that you can get to ship a gun unless you are a licensed gun dealer.

You live in Alaska and I'm sure there are gun shops and gun clubs that will sell you a gun legally after the necessary background check.

I am a littl concerned about you leaving a hand gun in your truck to get stolen??? You shold not be driving around with a gun in your truck unless you have a license to carry. If you were just transporting it from one place to another, you should not have stopped somewhere else, or left it in the vehicle./

...Rich

Before you buy, I recommend that you take a NRA safety course; they are an excellent source for information on pistols. Also check around for an indoor range, some indoor ranges will allow you to rent a pistol for use at their range. Think of it as a try before you buy option.

I am a littl concerned about you leaving a hand gun in your truck to get stolen???

In Ohio, they promote the idea of getting your gun stolen. While it is legal to carry a weapon, you must lock it in your car when you enter a place of business. You are allowed to carry a concealed weapon, but not in any type of business.

For example, lets say you have a CCW permit and want to go to the grocery store. You can carry it to the store, but must leave it in your car when you enter the grocery store. That way it is easy for scum to steal it. They feel that those that go through the steps to carry a weapon plan to rob a store.

Idiots!

Tom

wow! Louisiana you can carry in your car or open carry with out a permit of any kind (open carry is not recommended). you can not go in to a bank or a bar even with a CCW

Latest posts