lost key

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
As the title proclaims I lost my keys at work and flipped the place upside down looking for them, came up with frustration. How much am I talking for a new programmed key at the dealer? Or are thier anyother options, I only have one programmed key now so I can't program it myself. Any ideas?

CHRIS

The only way I know of is the Dealer.

and it depends on the dealer.

Call around and ask. I know when I needed a 2nd Key for my Focus. (used car dealer paid.)

It cost about $95 for him to have it done. and when I called it was $125, and an aditional $25 for each key after that.

Hope this helps.

A good locksmith, (read: Not the kid at Home Depot or Lowes) may have the equipment to make and program those keys.

Besides that, figure about $100.00 for a programed key.

Tom

He could get a key from LaRue ( a member here and sponsor) and just have some one re program his truck ???

Todd Z

LaRue could if you lived near him, but since you don't, he can only make you keys. He can't program them to the truck.

You can get a key from me for 25$ (with your keycode) and pay the dealer or a locksmith about 35-50$ to program the key for you. Or just call someone local for both.

Call your local Ford Dealer and find out first what it cost to reprogram a key you own. The local dealer here charges 50 bucks, if you have the keys._Ron

My local stealer...I mean dealer, wanted $150 for the key and "labor". I found a local locksmith that did it for around $40. Once you get that 2nd key, buy another blank from eBay or wherever, get it cut anywhere and you can program it. ALWAYS have at least 3 programmed keys so you don't run in to this again.

Latest posts