Louder Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Reed 2

Reaction score
Hey guy I was just wondering what options I have to make the V6 sound louder. I already have a FM muffler and Air intake. I was wondering about the exhaust side of the sound. like removing the CATs or something like that.

remove the cats, or get the y-pipe and high flow cat that Zabteck sells.

other than that... take the muffler off and run straights... straight gonna give u the loudest sound...

u could also get headers, but if i remember correctly Todd Z said it wasnt really worth the money for the headers...

personally i have straights from the cats back.... i planned on getting the y-pipe and cat, but ima buy a new truck soon... so i dont see the point...

oh... dont kno if u have themm... but the long exhaust tips... the echo tips...

i had a flowmaster... didnt make a loud enough sound... cut it off

but the shorter the muffler the louder it will be aswell... so if u still want a muffler... get a smaller one...

No i have no idea what series it was, i just took it to a muffler shop and asked them if they sold them. i should have asked though. it sounds nice in the lower RPMs, but when i get up to the higher RPMs i cant really hear it, i hear more engine than exhaust.

chop it off u will always hear it haha

and... yea.. straights are good, or a small glasspack muffler...

smallest ive seen was a 16in i believe on jcwhitney...not sure

As Spiff said, did you have the shop remove the silencer or resonator? The round thing going up over the axle, after the muffler.

You can remove it using a hacksaw, but you may want a pipe extension otherwise the exhaust will exit under the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats definately not good if the exhaust exits under the truck, esp if you have ur windows down...

it would be like riding in my friends mustang... u start to feel sick... :wacko: