Love catching customers in lies

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WXMotorSports DecalsPartsAccs

Reaction score
Just amusing...

Short story...

Customer orders 3pc decal kit (steering wheel, tail gate and grille)

I sent him the wrong size.

Return shows up, grille and tail gate NO steering wheel.

I forget to send the replacements. Yes, my fault.

He contacts PayPal.

Says, he called and called and sent emails, which he didn't. But still my fault.

I send replacements out.

He says he only received one, missing the grille decal.

I respond, I double checked that order and made sure there were two decals in the package, grille and tail gate.

He responds, oh yeah there were two but I missing one still.

I respond, the steering wheel? (which he never returned) and I didn't replace because he didn't return it.

I'll be sending the steering wheel today at no charge.

Why don't they just say I messed up a decal and you give me a deal on a new one. The steering wheel I would of just replaced it at no charge and dropped it in a stamped envelope. I basically give those away for free with the 3pc kit as it is.

Kinda what the US is coming to. No one takes responsibility for their actions; it was probably your fault anyways, for making the glue too sticky so he couldn't move it around...:lol:

That really stinks. BTW, i'm looking for a skull and crossbones decal for a cavalier. I'd rather go through you to give you the business. Can you help me out? Thanks a bunch!

People will do anything for attention LOL

When I was in business it seemed that the contracted work had no complaints however, the "freebie" work is were they complained the most Go figure?:lol:

Pete 03

Pete - I did some vehicle graphics on trade. BizX Trade Systems here in Seattle. One door had a slight crease in the letter. You had to put your nose on the door to see it. Customer said no problem can't even tell so no worries about replacing it.

He calls two days later and says how much the trade is. I said 600.00. He said that is way too expensive. I said why? I did both doors and tail gate in two colors plus your back window in reflective vinyl. The price is very fair. He says then I want the door redone. I said the door that you said two days ago was just fine? He laughed and said ah never mind.

Bill - just about anything...from custom decals, vehicle graphics, store signage, windows and commercial signage.

Take a look at the web site.

And, I'm in the process of building a gallery of everything that we have created.

Why can't people just tell the truth? Because very few take responsibility for their actions these days.

When it comes to "costing them money" people seem to like to make up little lies; whether it is the insurance claim that blames a fender/bender on someone else, or a returned clothing item that 'doesn't fit' but in actuality was worn once to an event, people seem to think they can do this "all the time" to businesses.

It's a big problem and the problem is fed by those that villify companies. It's easier to rationalize the behavior when it is targeted against some "big", "greedy" company that would "screw you if they had a chance!"

It all makes me sick...and it's pretty common a theme on this board.

TJR

Well, the truth is, TJR, most would screw you out of every penny if they had the chance. When big companies do this and get caught, it only furthers the stereotype. It may not be every company, but nearly every big company I can think of is all about the bottom line. That's how they got to be big companies.

I own a small service-type franchise company in a line of work where most people work under-the-table and the measure of success is often subjective. We try our hardest and I'm as honest as you get. That said, I have a saying which goes like this, "The customer is not always right. I'm always right. The customer is right too if they agree with me."

At my company's annual meeting last month they ran a comedy video starring people from the home office (they always do). This year's theme was a spoof of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld.

"NO xxxxx* FOR YOU!!!" I had to laugh because that wasn't far from the truth for me. :lol:

*I prefer a little anonymity on the web.

And, today I just gave a customer an adjustment on his invoice. He wanted rally stripes on his car in vinyl because he didn't want to spend the money to get the stripes painted. I told him verbally and in an email that vinyl is not perfect and it will have some bubbles and probably some crinkles because the film just doesn't like to go over curves and angles. And, it can't go over the bumpers, especially the front with part of the bumper coming to a "V" and has an odd lip to it. He said no problem. So, I spend 8 hours on the install and even do a couple of sections over because I don't like the way it turned out. I finish the project. A week goes by and he finally emails me and says one area has too many wrinkles in it, which is under the rear spoiler and you have to be two inches away from it to see it. And, I missed a section on the front bumper the section with the "V". Plus he says the stripes are to narrow and he prefers the bigger ones. He is the one who picked the stripes out because he wanted them to look like the new Shelby GT. Well, I ended up not charging him for the installation and I'm not budging on the cost of the film. He ended up removing the stripes and going with another vendor.

Vinyl business is a mess i have stopped doing car graphics almost now if i cut them i don't do the install its not worth it. But its not my main income, I do it for a hobby more than anything.

Joey - I know what you mean. I'm branching out to accessories, cars and trucks, basically a web retailer. I'm also reselling gamer console skins now as well and just applied to become a distributor for Clear Wire Internet Service as they are offering the service in Seattle area now.

a shame people expect to receive "special" treatment because you show them good customer service sense. Just an excuse on their part to pick on someone probabily because they can't get a word in edgewise at home.

One of the reasons I got out of my own business and now work for the State. :p:wub::lol:

Keep up the good work Robert ther are still a few good people out here who appreciate you.

;).

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
a shame people expect to receive "special" treatment because you show them good customer service sense. Just an excuse on their part to pick on someone probabily because they can't get a word in edgewise at home.

One of the reasons I got out of my own business and now work for the State. :p:wub::lol:

Kepp up the good work Robert ther are still a few good people out here who appreciate you.

;).

Pete

You almost have to include a picture in the box of the contents with every shipment....

Sad really....

Todd Z

Jeff C, I have to disagree.

I do NOT think that "most companies would screw you out of every penny if they had the chance". To the contrary I think most companies actually do want to provide an honest product or service at a fair price. Most companies recognize that to stay in business for the long-haul you have to have a good reputation. Sure, there are those that are shady, but they aren't MOST.

That's the world I live in, that's the perception I have, and perception defines our reality. If you go through life thinking most companies and people are out to screw you then you will have a life in which it seems you are constantly getting screwed.

TJR

The dry cleaner we have been going to for the last 10 years just lost our business today. The recent owner sold the business due to health reasons this year. I noticed about a month ago prices were higher. So, the other day I told them this shirt needs to be laundered not dry cleaned. They said ok, 1.80 for the shirt. Go to pick up the shirt and the price is 6.95. I said I requested laundered not dry cleaned. Their response was that the shirt can't be laundered it has to be dry cleaned proceeds to tell me the entire process as to why. I said why wasn't I told this when I dropped it off. They had no response. Looked at me as I was speaking a language they didn't understand. I said I sure miss the old owner. He respected my business and now you just lost it. He proceeds to tell me that the old owner would never give a deal. So, I'm a liar now. This is the same cleaner I did their front window with signage and gave them a great deal. He lost 300.00 a month in dry cleaning.

Latest posts