Lowering

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bendfeldt

Reaction score
I want to lower my ST at least 3 inches front and back maybe more? I have questions though. What's the best way and the cost? What will this do to the comfort of my ride and the wear of my tires? Later I'd like to change my 18" tires for 20" but seem to be having trouble finding a chrome rim that I like and can afford. Suggestions, advise, pictures all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Benny

Several members have tried, but since the rear axle shafts on Gen2's run through the frame rails, it is a very difficult task.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lowered, but not by much. You cant get much more than 2" without axle-through-frame issues. Even if you could, there arent any aftermarket shocks availible. You could have airbags custom made if you wanted to spend the $3K on it. Look up the coppertone ST, it looks good!

[Broken External Image]:

Benny- Not sure about your '07 Gen 2. Check out the Doetsch Tech " Nitro Slammer 4000-G" shocks made specifically for lowered trucks.

Edelbrock is another mfg. Reading reviews, their longevity is suspect. Good Luck, you are on the right web site for info and advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts