lucas oil products

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Grimes01

Reaction score
has anybody ever used lucas fuel treatment? a friend swears by it. claims his fuel milage went up by 3 miles gallon! with gas around $3.00 per gallon ,is it worth it?:)

I've never seen a mpg increase w/any fuel additive, Lucas, STP, White Lightning, nor w/Cheveron...actually have 1 bottle of Cheveron left out of 2 free cases! Nor have I seen a mpg increase out of K & N drop-in air filters in our 2001 or 2005 Tracs, nor my wife's 2004 Maxima.

I used a fuel additive on my old Jeep a while ago, and while I didn't notice any MPG increases, I did notice that it seemed like it had more get up and go than before I used it. I also forgot that I still had the stuff in my tank when I went to get it inspected and failed emissions because of that. After I used that tank of gas I passed emissions with flying colors. I don't know if it had anything to do with the additive, but here in a few thousand miles I will probably add some Gumout or the like to my Trac and see what happens.

The chevron techron, should not have caused the emmisions failure. You might have had something going on that the chevron cleaned up. Any other cleaners are snake oil.