Lunch Break Drag Race!!! 08 STA vs. 06 Mustang GT!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
I almost had him, but basically got owned!

Of course he was fish tailing like it was his job and I have AWD!

After the second light he changed lanes and punched it on a section of sun dried and clean pavement and was a full car length ahead of me before turning off into our Walmart parking lot.

At least Amanda was distracted and didn't add to my bruised ego :)

Had...SVT actually put in the 390hp v8...I'd be much happier :(

Yup you got
37644321e0ad1fb69d2b747d65d3bf06.gif
So let the
00966bb09cf4c0f9c9b9f7c8714faf59.gif
Begin about you street racing.... LOL :lol::lol:

fda14f47324f0d9d952fd083944e91bd.gif

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you really expect to beat them? I tried racing my 93 F-150 against a car full of girls in a Taraus SHO just cause I wnanted to see how bad they'd beat me, (and they were hot). I did better racing Ram 1500's.

My wife, driving the Sport Trac walked all over me in my 96 Thunderbird. (both V8) I figured I would do better since the trac is heavier, but the T-bird never really had a chance. Next time I will have to make sure I have my 96 Cobra!!

Speaking on smilies......Todd, when are ya'll going to add some of those like you posted above to the site? :blink:

edit: Thanks Todd, I see you are adding some new ones :banana:

I dont think i've won a single race in the STA... Its slow. And that's with a tune installed. Could be a lot to do with the transmission shift points which are unable to be altered yet.

All show and no go for the STA :wacko:

Meh. It beats the snot out of any F150 I've ever owned and a it's faster than my 03 SS silverado was. Well...it is now that it's been modded.

Can't expect a 4600 pound SUV to perform like a 3200 pound coupe built for performance.

The primary reason I bought it was for the 4 doors and small truck bed. Aka the Utility.

The secondary reason was the Adrenalin pkg :)

The third reason was the V8. To be honest, I just like the sound better. I could get by with a V6 if it was the only option.

Actually, the V6 is lighter and I could have easily fit the Explorer Express super charger on it and actually got more power lol. Oh well.