Magnaflow Muffler question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
I recently got an on-line quote from a local dealer (Midas) about installing a dual exhaust (Cat-back) . I was told that they could not do it unless they removed the spare tire and that it would have to stay off.

They said they could certainly put a single exhaust.

Any truth in that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to have Duals put on my 05. How is the sound with the Magnaflow? I am looking for slight rumble at Idle, and sweet throaty sound on take off and running at highway speeds.

Thanks,

Doug M

The Gen 2 fully independent rear suspension is the reason they are needing to remove the spare tire as space is very limited. My suggestion would be to take it in so they can see it in person and better determine if it can be done without removing the spare tire. The Gen 1 ST had less moving parts in the rear suspension and more available room underneath which is why it is more easily done.

I was told for my 07 ST that i would have to do the same thing by one place. Then i took it to another place near by and they said they could put duels on without taking the spare off. I was going to do it. Then decided not to. Im not sure how duels on a 6 cylender would sound. But i still want to do it. Right now i have a muffler and a tip put on it. Its throaty when i give it gas but i like the look of duels.