Magnaflow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Thompson

Reaction score
Has anyone ever just added the magnaflow muffler not the cat back. as well anyone know what size i would need for my 04 XLT. is it a hard install??

I got the muffler and installation including a new 2 1/2 tail pipe done for $215 at a local muffler shop. It took the shop 30 minutes to remove and replace the old muffler and get me out the door. I have been very happy with it although I second guess having not gone ahead and done the complete system. I would recommend that if you can afford it, get the complete exhaust done. I have been told that the performance gains with the complete kit are nearly double what you get with just the muffler. I have not seen any physical documentation to substantiate this though. I was impatient and went with what I could afford at the time. I hope this helps.

From looking at Magnaflows website, it looks like you have done a "Catback" system. Their site for the Sport Trac just shows their muffler and a single exhaust pipe out the back. Mac, is this not what you did? What differnce do you see from the term "Cat Back"?

Rick