man o man

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
Just stop to fill up the trac and while i was thier they increased the prices 7 cents .. now really how can it go up that much from day to day .. 1 or 2 i can see but this is just outragous

CHRIS

Same here...the prices have gone up 5 or 6 different times just within a week...every time I go by a station, they are higher. Wednesday morning I paid $2.89 and today the cheapest is $2.99 with most everyone at $3.09. That is basically 20 cents within 2 days.

I was out of town on business most of this week. I was in Bismarck,ND. When I left Waco, TX on Monday, regular gas was $2.89 per gallon. When I got back today it had jumped to $3.09 a gallon. That's 20 cents a gallon increase !!!

Oil companies are claiming that they shut down their refineries for maintenance in late winter and then have to switch over to summer gas, so there is a built in delay and appearantly a built in excuse for a profit :wacko:

That does seem a little strange since the Texas Legislature just announced last week that they are removing the 20 cent per gallon tax on gas for 3 months starting in June through August

Sounds like the oil companies will be collecting their own taxes now :blink:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
They told us last Fall that it would be $3.50 a gallon by Memorial Day. They were just about right on.

Now, listen to the projections telling us to expect $4.00 a gallon by July 4.

Oh, and it is just supply and demand.

Gas is between $3.40 & $3.50 here in Michigan already..so dont feel bad guys..haha. The news keeps saying that we are "last on the supply chain", whatever that is supose to mean.

Yes, all, it sucks pickles, big time. ( Obviously I want to use stronger language, here).

Has went up in Middle Tennessee amost $0.35 cents here in the last week. Ridiculous.

Station by my house in Lewis County is $3.31, $3.41 and $3.51, and the guy at my regular

station here tells me that it ain't over yet!!!:angry::angry::angry:

I was in Clovis, NM and just got home yesterday. The gas when I got there on May 08, was $2.95, the day I left May 15 (a week later) it was $3.29. It jumped .34 in one week. Today, I talked to my mom and she says it is $3.39.

Today in Sumter it is $2.95.

I was in Ocean City, Maryland for this weekend for the hot rod cruise in show, well. Saturday, during the day the prices were about $2.71. Sunday, today. they were $3.10. lol

You haven't seen nothing yet. If we get into a war with Iran, which some people claim is inevitable, about a quarter of the worlds oil supply will be disrupted. They predict a barrel of oil will shoot up to between $300 and $400. You'll be praying for $3.50 a gallon.

I read the first prediction of $4.50 a gallon by August in the paper this morning! Seriously, listen to the predictions--they usually come true.

Our usage is still increasing, despite higher prices. Econ 101 says that the price will still rise.

China's usage of oil increases by 5% per month. Grab your ankles--$6.00 a gallon by Christmas?