max lift suspension ideas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longracing25

Reaction score
Okay, ive searched and dont want to spend days looking. I have a 2002 sport trac. I did a torsion twist and shackle extenders for maybe 3" lift. I've read enough and found various parts. Before i go with the body lift i want to get ALSO,... iwant max suspension. I did ask over on explorer message board first, i knew from here...THOSE people are more into off road.
Should i go with 4" spindle and axle flip, OR find superlift springs someone STILL has,....OR go with spindles AND aftermarket torsion keys. Remember,..i want max, not typical 5"-6" suspension/body kit. If i flip axle i could even add blocks for more lift. YES, i understand i may need different driveshaft. My question is WHAT to get max lift. What have some of you done to get higher than the average sport trac lift? Most just do 5-6" and are happy. As you know, very little on youtube showing what others did. I saw a few HIGH sport tracs,..even crushing cars, but nobody said WHAT they did building.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there are custom spindles for the gen1 or gen2.
Todd Z, manufactored his own. Check his profile.

yea, there are 2 aftermarket 4" spindles. Cant remember right off where i saw last night. They are for sport tracs,...and im think 2wd only. Not very cheap either. I think one set was $3xx.00 and other was $1xx.00, both prices are for pair. These are not big known companies, but they look very strong. I'll look for pics and link. I know there is a very pricey coil over long travel front kit for 2wd also,..which was $1k-3k.

I'd be careful about a max lift of the suspension and body. Might look cool on the street, but out in the rough it's a roll over looking for a place to happen. Heavy duty bash plates for the engine and transfer case will help with the CG. OK just saw you have a 2 wheel drive. So, you just want to look cool on the street? Go for it! Don't forget the 4 shocks at each wheel.

no off roading really. I understand roll over and high centered. Ive had trucks and off roaded,...and im 53. There is nothong wrong with 2wd's lifted. I cant seem to tell, but it seems like an attitude. If it is, i'll stay mature about it. This board is to help others and/or get info yourself. Im not trying to be "cool" on the streets, im just putting together a nice non-stock truck, maybe local car shows. I was "cool" until i got to the 2- shocks around comment. If you cant offer real info on what i can do...or what YOU did, please don't comment,.. or reply. THANK YOU..

if your goal is to get tall tires and have the high look i would cut away fenders and find some flares that give it a more extreme look more toward the prerunner look, you could do the body lift and not go as extreme with the suspension from frame and achieve the same goal. the problem with one off lifts is getting replacement parts later down the line if you have issues. as far as the ride goes it would be the tires. i went threw several sets trying to find a smoother ride but with good aggressive tires. you can find stock tracs for stock body parts if you wanted to go back to stock but i doubt ya would as it would be a cool look once your project is done and would not be a jeep or yota like every one has. the goal is to have something different but bad azz looking and the trac is definitely the truck to do it with.

yeah, i would call it a "barely driver"...lol. Not really go off roading. Pretty much some local( not highway even)...maybe local car shows. If you go with 4" aftermarket spindles, would adding aftermarket torsion keys ADD " and twisting ,ADD the 2-3" Also? As everybody knows, the front...is the harder too lift. I can flip axle, already have longer shackles...and get 5-6" on back.

Okay , i searched and couldnt really find what i needed. When doing a SOA lift or superlift,...WHAT have others done with the rear mounted sway bar? I found plenty of info about bushings,...but do i need longer sway bar ends? Is stock mounts okay, just aftermarket bushings?

superlift had left over parts from kits they sold but discontinued, tried to get another lift kit and reached out to them but said only parts, this was last year. you could try and purchase the part your looking for through them. i had to run air ride lift on the rear to compensate for the lift in rear from the superlift kit, if i remember they had to remove some springs from rear, i will go and see if they used any thing different as i have 2 04s one being lifted and one stock. well as soon as it stops raining outside.

Latest posts