MIL light after mechatronic change

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S 3

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues after having there mechatronic changed? My Trac has been at the dealer since monday and they still haven't come up with a solution for my issue. I'm going to go there tomorrow morning and light a fire under there ass to get after ford but in the mean time i'm still without my truck.

For those who are just tuning in: Last weekend my Trac started throwing codes and the trans went into limp mode once it warmed up. After about 10km's the wrench will pop up and the traction light will come on at which point i'm stuck in third gear. So i took it in and they contacted ford engineering (LOL) which said to check/clean the connector to the TCM and then clear the codes. They did that and then said that they test drove it and all was well. Tuesday I went to pick it up and 5 minutes down the road it started doing it again. So back to the dealer!

Well they changed the mechatronic assembly because ford figured the other one was faulty. My fiance picked the car up and made it 2 blocks before all the lights came on again! My dealer has now put in a request to ford to have the transmission changed! LOL

If they keep going at this rate you will be able to lemon law the ST and get a new one.

I feel your pain, I am in Calgary, my 03 ST would have qualified under the lemon law in the states, but here I ended up having to trade it in.

Dave this may or may not help. But I found this sight on arbitration in Canada. It may be bs._Ron

In my opinion:

camvap is a waste of time. I started a case with them and had them send me all the information, what a freaking headache. It was easier to go into the dealer and get out of my lease and into a new one. That is my experience. They want to try and resolve issues by letting the manufacture continue trying to repair the problems. Not like the states where they have 3 chances to fix it, or it can only be in the shop for so many days. I was very disappointed in the camvap process. That was back in 2004, maybe things have changed a bit.

Luckily i've only leased the truck incase something like this happened. Ford is going to get an earfull Tuesday morning for sure. There is obviously a design flaw with early versions of this transmission. My service manager thinks this is rediculous which I think is funny.