Mods are done... on the 'Lade!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Matthews

Reaction score
Well, I've finished the Escalade. After having a sunroof and an E&G custom wire mesh grille installed shortly after inheriting it, I went and had a set of Pirelli Scorpion STR tires and American Racing Torq Thrust ST 20" rims put on. I shaved off all the Escalade emblems. Then... I added a Pioneer Navigation system and 6 disc DVD/CD changer with a Pioneer 10" shallow sub & Boston Acoustic speakers in the doors to replace the Bose factory sound system. Finished it with an Airaid intake.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Now both vehicles have pretty much the same upgrades. The Lade rides rougher with the 20's, sounds like a vacuum cleaner going up the steep grades, but the stereo sure sounds great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Good......

Blaspheme!

J/k, nice pics. I like the wheels. BTW, how's the Trac? I think I remember you posting that your tranny was slipping???

Looks very nice Krash. So, when you gonna drive by for us to get a ride? Now you need to open up the back end for a truck bed and put a toneau cover on it. :D:D:D

p.s. I just reaslized that the Esclade bares a very strong resemblence to the Chevy Suburban; oh wait it is a Suburban in sheeps clothing. :lol:

Thanks all!

Flippy, the new tranny in the Trac works OK... so far! I haven't been driving it as much, as the Lade is my 'commute' vehicle between Sac and Tahoe. I'm hoping to get them both up to the lake eventually...

Rodger, that would be the Escalade EXT... And I'll keep the Trac, thank you. It's paid for!

And as close as I get to your place these days is RPM, the indoor karting facility on Bradshaw. Mondays are best, as they put both tracks together for one large track.

[Broken External Image]:

Rodger,

Yes, the Suburban, Denali, and Escalade are all the same General Mayhem body. Same truck, same engine... The Escalade is just a Suburban with a fancy trim package.

Trav,

I said "No 24's and NO SPINNERS!!!"

Chuck,

I still have it... it's in the rafters in my garage.

They do look good on there. The propertions of the 'Lade make it so that the stock 17's are just too small. A 20" is just about right, 22", depending on the wheel, looks good, 24" occasionaly look OK..

Trav,

I tried to get those wheels in 18", but they don't make 'em that small anymore. That was one of the reasons I liked 'em... They came in 18" size. But alas, I had to go big.

You're at the Sport Trac site, Cubber! I just got me a 'new' ride a few months back, and had to 'catch up ' with the Trac, mod wise... :)

In fact, the Caddy's starting to outpace the Trac now... I'll have to pull down that front fascia from the garage rafters, and do that custom front end for it, which means a paint job too...