Monroe Reflex or SensaTracs??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz 44

Reaction score
So what does everyone think should I put Monroe Reflex or Sensatracs on my truck. It is lowered and I have 20's on it. I want whatever will give a pretty smooth ride but want to get rid of all that ridgity movement that makes you feel like you are gonna fly right off the road.

Smooth road gives smooth ride...shocks don't matter. Bumpy road give bumpy ride. Shocks will reduce the bumpiness. No shock made will ever make the Trac feel like a luxury car; so, get that smooth ride notion out of your mind. What you want is control. Good shocks improve the control, reduce nose-dive when braking and reduce/eliminate that Fly-off-the-road feeling you have with factory shocks. You have many good choices and will get a variety of opinions here that are all good and based on real experience. I have Rancho RSX shocks which are about the same as Monroe Reflex. Some here have the SensaTracs and like them. Some use ProComp 9000........

Of the two you listed [both good shocks] I'd recommend the Reflex. The Trac is heavy, has truck rated springs and needs a truck rated shock. I suspect that under heavy load the SensaTracs might be just a bit weak. But, that's my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

I have the Reflex on my ST, any shock is a major improvement over the stock. The Reflex have been great for everyday driving in city stop/go traffic, highway, and minor off-road duties on dirt roads, gravel roads, over rail road tracks, bumps, holes, hills and brush (going to and back from the ranch).

I believe the Reflex and the Sensatracks are identical other than the polyurethane vs. rubber bushing on the mounting pins.

Reflex is better with the poly. Poly gives less than rubber though, so may actually give a bit of a firmer ride.

cheers,

AndyG, If you take a close look you will find that the Monroe Reflex & SensaTracks are Not the same. The Monroe Reflex (no poly bushings) & Rancho RSX (Poly Bushings) are the same basic design, but that's where it stops. The RSX are aimed at the truck market, whereas the Reflex are car shocks adapted to trucks. The SensaTracks are similar to the RS5000 in design because both use 10 stage valving.

Latest posts