Monroe Shocks - Sensa-Trac vs. Reflex

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gilman

Reaction score
What are the noticable differences?

If you bought Sensa-trac's do you wish you had bought the Reflex instead? Why?

If you bought Reflex, do you wixh you would have bought Sensa-Trac's instead? Why?

Mine has 109,000 miles and stock shocks

Got Reflex...like 'em

SensaTracs are softer...Reflexes are a little stiffer.

Depends on your preference, but both will be a big improvement over stock

I have the sensa's in my 04 and the reflexes in my 03....

The 04 is Rachel's truck, needs to ride softer, but still take corners and be safe..

my 03 needs to be firm for control, hard turns, towing , off roading and what ever else i throw at it...

I think if you have has the OEM junk shocks for that long, get the sensa's...

Todd Z

Thanks for the replys.

I have only had the trac since Sep 2007 and my wife drove it until about 3 weeks ago,

It had 86,00 miles when we bought it and now has 109,000.

Now I have taken it over since my 93 F150 4x4 is dying (too many things gone wrong) could fix the small stuff (Exhaust, Ball joints, tires, brakes...etc) but I know as son as I do the transmission that is slipping wil go out so I dont want to stick mony into it.

But then it is rusting as well. Had it for 14 years and figure it's time to move on.

Steering shaft on end of steering box broke couple years ago above pitman arm and sent me into a guard rail. I have new Fender but not yet put it on.

So now since the trac is mine and in better shape, I would rather throw money at it over the old truck. Would rather the trac be 4x4 but maybe I can pick up one of thiose in a few years.

Wife now has a 2006 Freestyle

I have 2003 Mach1 for sunny days.

Bottom line.

Reflex for off-roading, towing and a "firmer" ride.

Sensa Trac for NEITHER of the above and a "softer" ride.

Just replaced the OEM shocks on my '05 XLS with the Sensa Trac's. I use my ST strictly on pavement. A "firmer" ride than the stock shocks. I'm sure "wear" was a factor after 47K.

Either way, Monroe makes a great shock at a great price, the best hundred bucks I have spent.

Check Amazon, they usually have good prices and free shipping above $25.

Also a Monroe "Stimulus Plan" $20 mail in rebate through the end of May if you buy four. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
sws, the factory shocks were crap straight off the assembly line...

I went with rancho rs5000's, got em' for 30 something each from sears.

I hear they're similar to the reflex...

Braddah Keola - Yeah, I knew the stock shocks were one of the weak links in the ST suspension. About to order the EE "X Spec" Rear Sway Bar. Any tips installing? Looks pretty simple. After that the Zabteck Air Intake and I will be PAU with Stage 1 projects. Stage 2 will be ALL audio. (No Video or Nav) You know where I work. Hee-Hee. Mahalos, Steve

I have Monroe Reflex shocks on my Trac.

I do not think I have ever had a shock that impressed me more than those do.

Tom

I have the rancho rsx. Same shock as reflex. With silcone poly bushings though. Im satisfied. After 500miles they loosened up and the stiffness was gone. Good solid ride and control. Of course Im some what of a sport driver.

If you bought Sensa-trac's do you wish you had bought the Reflex instead?

Yes.

Over time they loosened to be almost too soft. Not bouncy, and overall noticeably better than stock, but I still wish they were stiffer to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the Reflex on my '05 and it was the best thing I ever did to the Trac. It was stiff but it made it feel much more stable.

Went from stock to Reflex and I've been very happy with them.

However, if you choose them know that you'll feel more of the road with them than you do with the stock. They're fantastic at taking the bang out of big bumps, holes, etc., but they don't smooth out the little things as completely as softer shocks do.

As long as you don't mind your truck feeling like a truck, go for it.

Latest posts