Monroe Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
Does this sound right? today i went to Sears top buy shocks and i wasn't sure if i wanted the rsx's of thr rxs9000's. So when i went there i asked about the 9000's and he said they didn't make them for sport tracs. Then i said ok what about the 5000's and he said that would give you to stiff of a ride and then he said i got the perfect one's yuo want. They were moroe reflexes, they sounded good and he said they were, and they were about $60 each. Then when i got home and opened them they are silver and don't look like any of the moroe's i have seen before. I'm not sure if i should take them back and get the 5000's or what. Does anyone else have the reflexes?

thanks,

brian

They make 9000's for the Trac. I have them as do several of the site's members. They are considerably more expensive but are 9 firmness setting adjustable.

The reflex is a good shock, $60 each sounds high. I have the rancho rsx, same shock as reflex. I paid less than $50 each from JCW...I think some of the other members paid around $40 for their reflexes

Did you get the sale price of 3 for 4 ??

ya I got buy three get one free mail in rebate. So this is the same shock as the rsx's cause if it is then i am for sure keeping them. They ended up costing me $52 for each shock cause sears was running a thing 15 percent off eack shock, but it is still gonna cost me 70 more to get them installed.

What part of Dallas do you live in? I live in Irving and wouldn't mind helping you.

What is your schedule like during the day? I ork Wednesday this week and am off the other four days.

Let me know

STDave

SEARS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Advance Auto Part sells Rancho 5000 and 9000 adjustable. they are one of the best shocks you can put on the trac. Another MOD I had done was the t twist and shackle lift. It Made the Trac ride alot smoother and tighter. STAY AWAY FROM SEARS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>