MOOG Problem Solver Upper Control Arm Comparison & more

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In '05 I had my Upper Control Arms replaced. The dealer did not have both RH & LH UCA's, so (before I was aware of the MOOG Problem Solver's) I had the MOOG UCA installed on the LH, and an OEM UCA on the RH side. Well, the OEM on the RH side wore out again; and I now have MOOG Problem Solver UCA's on both sides. Moral of the story is to use MOOG Problem Solver line of products or equivelent.

:supercool::supercool::supercool:

Also, when my son was putting on the control arm I had him check (after hounding him) the body mount bushings; and he said that in all of the 10 - 11 yrs. of working in the collision repair industry he has never seen completely disintegrate like mine. So, if you have a Gen. 1 ST it would be advisable to have your body mount bushings checked. I have decided to not use the OEM body mount bushing that I bought, and get poly bushings instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a really insiteful link for info on heavy duty chassis parts:

:banana::haveabeer::eek:nline:

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been many, many years since I have done any front suspension replacements. Back when I did. No brand out there had anything as HD as Moog.

So Im confused about the article. Saying that MC and TRW and others have HD level of parts. Not saying they dont. But the article doesnt compare any Moog pics. Back when I did alot of rebuilds. I could lay what other brands called HD against Moog standard parts on the counter. Moog always had the beef. Not only in control arm beef but ball joint size, comparison.

Plus back then some of the others were same as OEM. None greasable. Moog has always been greasable. And the grease boots were thougher rubber. Just my old experiances.

Jerry,

I do not have a heavily modified ST like yours, and do not do any off roading other than dirt & gravel roads. The MOOG Problem Solver line has served me well, so I will stick with MOOG. Your suspension being heavily modified, I will say go with the Raybestos Pro Grade parts. I ordered from Rockauto.com.

Latest posts