More HP and MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CK Kirkland

Reaction score
Wanted to know what else to do to gain more HP and receive better mpg. Already in the process of putting in CAI and a more aerodynamic TB paired with a 50 series Flowmaster. Are there any suggestions?

It's not possible to gain HP and MPG at the same time. You can improve the HP potiential and perhaps get better gas mileage, howeverif you use that extra HP you will use more gas.

The real solution to more HP and better MPG is to lighten the vehicle. Less pounds per HP will give you better MPG and better performance at the same time.

...Rich

So in essence you need to go on a diet. :)

Also, you might want to check out the BamaChips

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get better MPG with the performance, BUT you need to learn to keep your foot off the front bumper......

I know my 03 was getting 15-18, I modded with Rachel driving it it gets around 22-24mpg with me driving it, it drops back down to 15-18...

With out the mods I was near 11-12 mpg.... LOL....

But I want performance, i don't care about MPG...

I think the 04 was getting 12-15 with Gary driving it, i know with Rachel driving, it is around 18-20...

Todd Z

Remove your spare tire.

And the radio, air conditioner, and all the other accessories that's not mandatory. You sell all those parts and use that money to buy even more performance items although you can't really use them because you're tip toeing around tryin to save gas.:lol: