More inconsiderate drivers.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Heather's post reminded me of another inconsiderate Kansas City driver last week.

I was driving down the street in the Westport area and stopped at a light. A Lexus SUV came up along the right side of me to make a right turn. It was pretty snowy that night. Anyway, she went past me and her left rear view mirror hit my right rear view mirror with a loud bang. I noticed that it folded her mirror back. She didn't even stop, but kept on going. My mirror didn't appear to be damaged, so I let her go without following her to pull her over and teach her a lesson.

Miraculously my mirror was not damaged at all! I guess Caymen is right about "built Ford tough" (well, the rearview mirrors are, anyway).

Still no word on the SportTrac from the dealer regarding the stalling and rough engine. I'm gonna catch the shuttle and go down there in a bit and see what they found (if anything).

Yesterday I was driving on Rt. 7 near Tysons Corner here in Virginia. While stopped at a traffic light I noticed the car in front of me was rolling back in the direction of my trac. I started honking the horn but to no avail. The rolled into the front of my trac. I got out and went to the drivers side of the car and noticed it was an older female driver. I knocked on the window and told the driver that she had rolled back into my vehicle to which she replied that "it was not possible because her foor was on the break." I looked at her feet and told her "no your foot is on the clutch." She told me she was sorry and pulled up. There was no damage to my trac so I got her license plate number and told her it was no big deal but to be more careful in the future.

Reminds me of our neighbor who was having a party. Someone backed right into the arch on the lawn and knocked it over. Didn't even bother to stop. Luckily I heard it and ran down the street after her. Her reply? "oh I thought I hit something" I said and your brain didn't analize that at all?

The arch was easily put back in place. What an idiot!

rough engine and stalling smells a lot like the IAC to me.

search on idle air controller and you'll find lots of stuff.

stopped in a construction zone outside DC in my previous vehicle (96 conversion van) when all the sudden a moped goes whipping aound all the traffic..... he squeezes between me and an orange cone and he clips my mirror with his shoulder.... put himself on his a$$ in the wet mud. Luckily the mirror just folded and was not damaged other than a small nick in plastic. Sure was rewarding to see him scraping himself out of the mud as we drove off.:lol:

Isn't that why they fold in the first place? j/k :D

In Korea one day, I drove through an alley in Seoul that was so narrow I had to fold the mirrors. Up until that day, I always thought it was dumb for them to fold.

Latest posts