Moron's gave me the wrong TSB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
Well, took the truck in today for the 15k oil change /maintenance and had them to the TSB on the tranny (again)

When I got it back, it seemed to shift better again - no more 1st gear bumping but the work order said they upgraded to the 07-23-2 TSB - NOT the new 08-04-16.

These guys are baaaad.

The problem is that my Aunt works at this dealer and I get discounted costs for anything I get done. (I know the TSB's are free)

I don't want to piss them off so I think I'm going to get it done at another dealer - maybe they will do it right.

Jeesh

JJ,

First, a TSB is one possible remedy to a problem exhibited. I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong wth the TSB they gave you, unless of course the latter TSB you mentioned made the former obsolete. Do you know if that is the case?

I still don't think Ford has a clue what is wrong with that plethora of '07s exhibiting tranny problems.

TJR

A TSB is not a recall. It's not something the dealer HAS to do, but rather an advisory of a somewhat common problem and remedy. Should your symptoms resemble the bulletin. As far as oil change and maintenance, learn to do it yourself, that way you know it was done right. It seems too many dealer Service Depts. (Ford and others) don't care enough to do the job properly.

I remember getting my trac back from World Ford (Pembroke Pines) a few years ago with the CEL on. It went in with it off. Despite being under warranty, they ddin't take the initiative to so much as diagnose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts