Most Common Reason for "Check Engine"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
I'm just putting this out there until I get around to checking it out.

What's the most likely reason for the "check engine" light to come on on a 2001 Job 2 with 68,000 miles on the clock? No noticeable change in performance or running. Initially came on during gentle acceleration. Did the remove-the-ground-cable thing to shut off the light. Came on a second time during gentle acceleration a week later.

Buy a code reader at an auto parts store. It won't cost much, and it's easy to use.

Dirty IOC, the infamous cracked elbow, DPFE sensor, etc. You need to get it scanned and post the code. Someone here will be able to tell you the problem

If you're near an AutoZone they will scan for free w/ a check engine light on. Or find a local parts store that can read your codes and than post them on here.

mark

is really no answere to your Question, are probebly a 100 things that can cause a CEL.

Need to get the st scanned.

I'll have to wait a couple of days until I get near an Auto Zone store. The nearest one is 20 miles away. :angry:

What does IOC stand for? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

As Bill said, it is pointless to go around and around what it might be. Too many things to count.

I would sugest to our members to not post the question, without a code being read When the CEL light is on.;) No code then it becomes a guessing game..:)

Good suggestion, Eddie.

It would be like:

"Hey guys. My tire is flat, just on one side. Can anyone make a suggestion why it went flat?"

:rolleyes:

Thats funny,

I drive with all the tires flat, and the other day one of them just swelled right up on me..

Todd Z

Latest posts