Mother's Powerball... Wow.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I dont know if I am just trying to justift the 25$ spend on the mothers powerball I got today, but wow... I sanded down my aluminum step pads, 400, 800wet, 1000wet, 2000wet, powerball -- Glowing like its from heaven.

So after my amazement in the metal polishing, I moved onto my newly modified and painted tailgate... It needed a good polish due to no spray booth and spraying outside.... Slapped on the Turtlewax I had sitting around, powerball, WOW! Its gleaming... Looks just spectacular...

So anyways, im wondering is this thing really that good, or is it mediocre, or garbage?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this isnt the best thing for the body... as I have lots of swirl marks (NOT FROM POWERBALL) but it didnt take any of those away...

Whats a good polisher with readily available pads, etc....

I really want to polish my baby ;)

Porter Cable 7424; Sonus SFX Pads; I prefer Sonus polishes, but others may be used (e.g., Menzerna Intensive and Final, etc.)

See the link below. The whole shabang keeps my black Trac's clearcoat nearly flawless.

I did not buy the Porter Cable from Autopia, but I have resupplied it from them.

I just recently bought the mini powerball to go with the regular one to get to those tight places. I haven't used it yet, but I han hardly wait.:)

I just polished my billet door lock pins using Mother's Metal Polish, and man, those things look like chrome. Much nicer looking than the last time I cleaned them and just used some 2000 grit sandpaper on em.