Motorcraft Battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, my anti-theft system is active 24/7, as is portions the audio system.

Same with the tracs, but on DD cars is no biggie.

Am truly amazed at todays batt tenders, are cheap (30 bux) not to be confused with trickel chargers, are actually mini computers.Mine puts out 14.2 volts (about the same as your Alt.

untill the batt is charged to 13.2 V, than it sleeps untill it senses lower Voltage, comes back on every couple days.

re: Motorcraft Battery by Gavin,11/3/2009 15:46 CT

This is a timely post! My '07's battery went too low to crank the engine after I was listening to the the radio last weekend for about an hour. I went to move the truck and all I got was a chatter from the solenoid. Hooked up the jumpers to the Subaru and started right up. Put it on the charger and brought it back up.

It starts the truck OK, but I cannot believe just an hour with the radio on (nothing else) would run it down that low.

Thanks for reminding me- I'm gonna stop by and get a load test on the way home.

Update:

I finally made it to the QuickLane tonight after work. They put a small Rotunda tester on it, and the printout said that the battery voltage was OK (something like 12.7), but that the charging voltage was low at 13.2 or so.

Taking it in to the dealer tomorrow morning. I'm sure they will find something expensive wrong- the warranty expired last week. I'd just go ahead and stick a new alternator in it myself, but it looks buried deep on the V8.

Sigh... :(

Latest posts