Motorcraft Orange coolant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Miller

Reaction score
How much does motorcraft Orange coolant cost at a dealership? There is not a ford dealership near me so I was thinking about ordering from Amazon. Their price is $25.42 for diluted and $30.90 for concentrated. Are those good prices or would it be cheaper at dealership?

I pay about $27 for 2 gallons here by me at my dealer.

Todd Z

Why orange? Owners manual specifies Motorcraft green (before 7/15/02) or gold (after), whichever type came from the factory. Zerex original green or G-05 gold

are excellent coolants that meet Ford spec and can be found at NAPA for around $15 per unmixed gallon. If unsure check the build date on your door sticker.

Link fixed. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
your 2002 also should have GREEN coolant in it.

Todd Z

Thank you for the replies everyone. Sorry , I didn't specify that this is for my wife's car(2011 Ford Fiesta).

Nick,

You do not need to use Ford's Orange coolant. You can use any brand coolant that meets Fords coolant specs for the model and year of your vehicle, so your can buy any brand at your local autopars store or Walmart....it will not void your warranty.

If Ford claims that their coolant is the only coolant you can use or you will void your warranty, that is a lie. The 1974 Magnuson-Moss Warranty act states that if the automaker claims that you will void the warranty if you use any other filter, fluid or part, the Automaker must provide and install that specific item no charge.

...Richard

Latest posts