Motorcycle insurance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks dingo but im not really wanting to fill out the forms geico wanted me too. they wanted me to put in my address and all this stuff. i dont really want them sending stuff to my house

My bike runs me about 60 dollars a year, with low miles and me being 59 years old.

Since you're 40 years my junior, no clue.

The Geico idea Dingo suggested might be a good place to start though.

It's hard for us to predict your price without knowing all the same stuff that insurance companies want... Not name and address, but age, driving record, coverage, etc.

It costs me $56 a month through State Farm for me with just Liability & Comprehensive. I am 22 and own a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX500.

Mine was $1050 per 6 months at age 30. State Farm. 3 bikes and the trac. All full coverage with 100/300/100 limits, a $1000 deductible on collision, and a $0 deductible on comprehensive.

26 married, home owner, 650cc sport bike (Suzuki SV 650) no collision coverage runs me just over $200 a year. When we added my wifes bike (Ninja 500) with the same coverage it was only an additional $60 a year.

10% discount for MSF class. Through Geico.

Different companies do rates for motorcycles based on different things. Some do it specificly on what model it is, others do is solely on the displacement.

Do your research and check with your car insurance company along with home owners (if you have it) most places offer discounts for multiple vehicles.

When I was 19 and had a ZX-600 my liability coverage only through progressive was approx $300 a year.

Collision at 19 will be rediculous. My first bike quote when I was 18 was $2500 a year for a bike only work $3500..

My 93 Honda ST1100 costs $175 per year for liability through my regular ins Co (Shelter).Shelter Ins wouldn't even cover my 04 Suzuki Katana 600. They don't insure "sport" bikes (even though it's a sport cruiser). I had to go through Progressive for it. It costs me $76 per year for liability. For full coverage, it would cost me approx $790 per year!!!

Both bikes are paid for, hence the liability only and I can afford to pay for a collision if my fault (medical for myself & passenger + the other person(s) if required. If you have a lien on your bike, keep it parked outside or are not "experienced", I would suggest full coverage.

Anyway, go online @ Progressive.com and input your info. It's free and instant quote along with other ins co's rates.

BTW...I'm 47 yo and insure my home + (3) other vehicles with Shelter.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
go here,

http://www.ridewithrider.com/motorcycle_insurance_info.html

click NJ or PA applications and work it out from there.

NJ looks to be $1269 for full coverage and $455 for liability for 19yo

i believe the SV is considered a sport bike.