Muffler installation charges

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Santini

Reaction score
Can someone give me an estimate of how much I should be charged by a muffler shop to install the Magnaflow exhaust system for the 07 4.6 V8 start to finish? I will have the system with me when I go,,,,,,,,,,just want to know what to expect in the way of hourly rate, or installation charges,,,,,,,,,thanks in advance for any help/replies,,,,,,,,,,,,,mark

Really, there isn't much work to it, other then cutting off the old exhaust...the new one just slips together and clamps down...if you have access to be able to cut the old one off, it's a pretty easy DIY project.

That may not be mechanically savvy and not want to take a sawzall to thier new vehicle... I was say open the phone book and call around. Probably whatever the hourly rate is and how long it takes...

I brought my Magnaflow exhaust kit for my '03 ST to a muffler shop. There were a few nuts and bolts that he substituted, in his opinion the ones included were substandard. He charged a few bucks for those and $60.00 for the installation. It took him between an hour and an hour and half.

Dave

A1,

The ST exhaust is a welded system, you have to cut it to get it out, OR use a cutting torch....

Cubber, IT should take an exhaust shop 1 hour to remove the old and install the new...

If you have a good mechanics shop, they should do it cheaper for you...

The kit is a direct fit bolt on....

Todd Z

Thanks, guys,,,,,,,,,that at least gives me an idea of how long and how much it should cost me,,,,,definately under $100, right? I think I may just call a few and get an idea that way,,,,thanks, again,,,,,,,,,,