Muffler suggestions?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Wustman

Reaction score
My exhaust fell of of my Bronco II, and I am looking to install new from the manifolds back. My question is, what would be a good muffler for this thing? It has the stock 2.8 V6, and I don't want it to sound like a rice burner. Also, I am trying to stay somewhat "cheap" with this as it is a $1,000 dollar truck that just gets beat up on the dunes. Thanks in advance for your help!

Brett

Flowmaster has a new 40 series thats supposed to be more rugged. You might want to look into that. I don't think it's too much more $ than the standard 40 series but it's covered in diamond plate for off roaders...

I second what griff says, I have a friend that just installed his into an s-10 that he has turned into a prerunner for dunes etc....

Could just get replacement pipes from Walker and chuck in a "turbo" muffler...

Todd Z

Call Mike Morgan. He hand makes them out of some incredibly thick metal. I couldn't dent mine with a sledge hammer. I can give you a list of references for his work if needed.