Muffler

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clo 650

Reaction score
I know some of you have installed a flowmaster muffer. What series are you running? I wanted to run duals out the back like some of you have done but the dumb a$$ exhaust shop said they won't do it unless they remove my spare. So now I am just going to cut off that 50 gallon muffler they put on these things & replace it with a flowmaster. Or maybe a glass pack??? Not sure how that would sound being it's only a 6 cyl. Any advise?????

Chris aka clo650

I just got a price to redo my setup in all stainless steel. Right now it's hitting in a couple of places. It's a flowmaster 50, and sounds good. The pipes run straight out the back, pretty close to the leaf springs. The new shop wants to bring them in closer to the spare, but I'll still be able to remove the spare if needed. It's pretty expensive, $800, but the guy states it will be perfect. He says he likes the magnaflow better. It will be 2.5 in and 2in. out. All mandrel bent. I'll post his link.

I'll see if I can get a pic of my setup for you tomorrow. It is flowmaster 40 single in dual 2" out the rear. The spare is intact and there are no clearance issues. I just upgraded the sway bars and had no problems while removing and reinstalling the rear bar. I cheaped out and went alluminized at $270.00 total cat back.

Things also quieted down a bit after increasing airflow with the modded zabteck throttle body and CAI.:D

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Here ya go! I had to run out an get the dogs so I thought I get the shots then. You can see how it exits over the differential and down around the spare.