mufflers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Starcev

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Will any MagnaFlow Universal muffler fit onto an 07 Sport Trac? I want to buy one but im only 16 and would like some opinions from some Sport Trac veterans. Its a V6. Thanks a lot

Are you going to do the work yourself? Depending on the length of the new one, the old one is very long. At just about any parts store they will have different fittings to change sizes for the pipe diameter and different lengths too. I prefer to weld rather than a clamp but that's ok. If you are cutting overhead please wear eye protection.

Is this your truck or your parent's truck? I dualed out my Dad's old Galaxie when I was 17, and he thought it was great....until one side fell off!:(

Well, he didn't know about it until he fired it up on the way to work! I did it that way because I knew he would enjoy it enough on the way to work that he wouldn't be mad at me for doing it without telling him first. It would have worked, too, except for the one that fell off!

He pulled over when it happened, put the loose pipe in the trunk, and made me fix it when he got back home. Then he made me pay for a shop to weld it up!

Anthony,

I'm sure you will be able to get it to fit but unless you are also upgrading the pipes you are not going to get performance or as nice of a sound as you should. I know you are 16 and trying to do it cheaply but you are better off waiting and saving some money and getting a complete cat back system.

George

Thanks a lot. Money isn't really a problem for me. Its just that for the 07 V6 I cannot find a cat back system. The only thing i have found are mufflers. Got any suggestions for a cat back system? Price really isn't a problem so if you have anything just let me know. Thanks a lot again.

Anthony

Find yourself a local muffler shop. At 16, it would be a good time to start looking since you'll probably do this on many cars to come. Avoid any national chains, some do good work but they seem to be in the monority. A local shop that you trust will be a big help and they can build any cat back with the muffler of your choice.

As far as the muffler, look under the truck and see which side the muffler inlet pipe is on and which side the outlet is on. The "side" is based on the orientation of the muffler not the truck.