Multiple Tracs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoNiE

Reaction score
Just curious, How many folks own multiple Trac's? I have my original 2001 bought nearly new, and a 2009 STA bought three years ago.

My son drives the old Trac, But once and a while I drive it and I sure do miss driving her. Too bad the Gen 1's didn't have a V8 option.

IMO, the early Gen 1 interior is nicer and more modern than the STA.

My wife had a 5 speed 98 sport when we got together.

I don't care what people say about "exploders" I see more old explorers on the road than camrys... My success with them has influenced a bowtie lifer friend of mine to buy a ranger splash as a toad for his RV.

[Broken External Image]:

Sad to say I will come into some $$ with the passing of my Mom. I will look for a second trac. Hopefuly a Gen2 STA. These 8yrs is one of the few times I have only had one vehicle. I cant' think of any other vehicle I would prefer. I would even settle for a clean second Gen1. If I found a good '04 or '05 STA or XLT premium.

Most of my bachelor years before and between 3 marriges, I usualy had 3 rides. One being a motorcycle. I miss those days.:driving:

I bought a 2001 Trac in 2001. When the gen2 came out I placed my order for one. I waited until I could get the rear sliding window as an option though. I haven't had both at the same time. Once my order was placed I put my gen1 up for sale and it sold in about a week.

Once my Gen2 is driven into the ground I'll look for a replacement vehicle. The Raptor looks nice to me...

I bought my '02 Christmas Eve 2012 with 63,850 miles. I liked it so much I bought an '01 to go with it in March 2014. The idea was to drive the '01 every day to save wear and tear on the '02, and to have something with 4WD for my wife in the winter. That worked through most of last summer until my daughter started driving the '01. I think I've driven it 2 or 3 times since October.

2003 and 2010.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my first in 2008, it was a 2003. I sold it in 2012... biggest mistake ever! I recently purchased a 2010 Limited. Absolutely love it! I too wish they still made them!

ToddZ, I like the blue STA. There was one in PA that I wanted to look at but it was sold before I got there. bought the Red one I have now in MA instead.

I liked by gold 2001 so much I bought a matching one as a back-up. The rear one is my main vehicle. I bought the front one so I could take the other one off the road to perform some suspension and engine repairs without the pressure of time. I'll sell the front one after making some improvements to it.
[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my first an '02 in 2004. My son and I survived a nasty T-bone wreck into my driver's side door that spun and nearly flipped us in 2006. Protected us well. After the kids are grown and a divorce, I wanted my truck back. Found a real nice '07 Limited last year and now all is right again.