Mustang ?'s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ST is a truck. It's body on frame with a separate bed and cab. The separate bed and cab defines that. It is more or less a four door ranger with the Explorer sheetmetal.

Now the honda ridgeline, that is a minivan with the top cut off.

The Avalanche is a Suburban with the top cut off.

What about a Chevy Avalanche?

Truck or SUV?

The Sport Trac is closer to an Explorer than it is to a Ranger.

What about the 2007 - present Sport Trac? Shares nothing with the Ranger (OK, engine). It is a Sport Trac, YET, it has a seperate bed and cab.

Tom

So what makes a sports car a sports car?

My rule of thumb is if it has a V8 or larger and just 2 seats it is a sports car. If it has a V8, 2 doors, and 4 seats it is a muscle car. If it has a V8, 4 doors and 4 seats its just a car.

Chris, you should get one. I'm in the market myself for an '04 Mach 1.

The Mustang's are fast and fun to drive. I believe they even get better gas mileage that our st's

STogie

all I know is Mustangs are Pony cars ...according to FORD.

and in a car such as a Mustang manual transmission is the better way to go. As the others have said...it's more fun to drive that way.

and Arizona Motor Vehicles says my SUV/Truck is a SW...yep they classified it as a station wagon! :lol: idiots! oops :lol::D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a '94 Mustang, though it only had a V-6 (Hey, I was just out of college and broke, buying a used car). I did like it, but it is what it is -- no useful back seat, small trunk, but still fun to drive. Must have a stick though.

My only complaint was it didn't corner well. Take a corner with any speed and the back tires will jump around on ya. There are probably some mods that you could do to help that. Straight ahead, they are fun though

Have fun

DR

Traded by 03 vert. GT for the ST. The GT got better gas milage, cheaper insurance, more fun to drive and could actually get out of its own way. The ST is more practical, has more room and you can carry more crap. Other than that, I would have kept the Mustang...

I like Mustangs. This is our third V8 model (68-90-07). Do what you like and :D:D

[Broken External Image]:

Of course, I lke my ST also.

Latest posts