• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale My 2003 has died

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Stiteler

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I have a 2003 Sport Trac XLT with 112000 miles and will not pas inspection do to severe rust on body and shock mounts.

Has factory bed cover with the dual Lever lift, bed extender, bed mat plus.

Recommendation here Is to junk it and get it crushed, worth about $500.

Looking for advice, do I strip it and try to sell 20 year old parts or just let it go.

Here in Lee NH

That's a sad story; damned RoadSalt.
Possible to make notably more than $500 if you have the
room to store it & ability to strip it down & patience for marketing + negotiating with buyers.
Smaller clean working items such as
InstrumentCluster, Console, Moldings, ElectricalBlackBoxes, Lamps, ThrottleBody, Intake,...
are certainly marketable\shippable.
2003 was last year of PreHEC electronics; easier to swap into another vehicle..

Thanks Dillard000, don't own a garage, and at 78 and somewhat handicapped it isn't likely I could do the work necessary.

If there is anyone close that would like to get it for parts, I wold love to talk to them.

How much are you wanting,,sorry i missed the post, had to move daughter to new af, base, been gone to north carolina,, i have a good 04 extra body and need a engine.

I have no idea what it is worth. We would have to figure it out. Significant logistics issues.

I just did a rough freight quote for a 450 lb engine shipped to Beaverton Oregon
Cost of the crate and materials to ship the motor: $250-$300
Cost to move it across country: $400-$500. So just the out of pocket cost is: $650 - $800.

This seller on ebay is asking $1614.99 (LINK) and is including free shipping. So I'm guessing there is about $800-$1000 of meat on the bone for the seller after he pays freight. Which is priced about right since other sellers asking $800-$1,000 to come pick it up.

That should give you guys a rough idea on how much the engine is worth.

Like has already been mentioned if Fred has the time, room, and patients to part it out, the truck is worth a lot more then $500.

-Motor: $800
-Transmission: $400-$600
-Instrument Cluster: $100-$200
-Steering Wheel: $150-$200
-Tailgate: $200-$600
-Rear axle: $300-$500
...and on and on. It just takes time, and you have to have the space to keep all the parts. After you've picked the parts clean what's left can still sold for scrap.

Most people who buy junk cars for $500 will make $2500-$3000 from the parts. It just takes 6 months to a year.

Last edited:
Good info, thanks.

If you decide to sell whole let me know, i am on east coast now, it is a 7 hour drive for me but have driven further for a donor trac.

I would much rather she become a donor Trac than get crushed. As I drove into the parking lot yesterday and thought "Dam that's a good looking truck".

Any kind of an offer?

I have a 2003 Sport Trac XLT with 112000 miles and will not pas inspection do to severe rust on body and shock mounts.

Has factory bed cover with the dual Lever lift, bed extender, bed mat plus.

Recommendation here Is to junk it and get it crushed, worth about $500.

Looking for advice, do I strip it and try to sell 20 year old parts or just let it go.

Here in Lee NH
How is the interior? I’m looking for the driver side interior door panel.

Yes it is still in the driveway. I liked it so much I have not been able to let it go. Carvana made me an offer, but wouldn't pick it up. I would have to deliver, and it isn't insured or registered and no plates, so I couldn't deliver it to them. I have not had the heart to call the junk yard to pick it up. Raining here now, but will get pictures tomorrow when it stops. Good engine, bed cover, bed extender, rusted mounts of some sort, wouldn't pass inspection.

Yes it is still in the driveway. I liked it so much I have not been able to let it go. Carvana made me an offer, but wouldn't pick it up. I would have to deliver, and it isn't insured or registered and no plates, so I couldn't deliver it to them. I have not had the heart to call the junk yard to pick it up. Raining here now, but will get pictures tomorrow when it stops. Good engine, bed cover, bed extender, rusted mounts of some sort, wouldn't pass inspection.

I'd appreciate that. Do you have a price in mind for the vehicle, assuming that the buyer would arrange for transport?

Here are some quick photos. Has upgraded radio, LeverLift X2, original wheels (in storage), and bed extender.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
I was holding leash on our dog, so images are not as level as they should be.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.png
    IMG_0256.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Here are some quick photos. Has upgraded radio, LeverLift X2, original wheels (in storage), and bed extender.

Wow, this is exactly like mine, down to the model, year, trim and interior. Let's talk, I think I can give it a good after-life here in Michigan.
Do you mind if I direct message you?

Last edited:
Please do.

Last edited:

Latest posts