my brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do that PPI? No? Time to put the beast off ground, pull wheels and have a look at them brakes. What is brake fluid level? If fluid is dirty it's time to change it, especially if you have work done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had similar problem when coming to a stop. I have a 2003XLT 4X4. Chatter with a swoosh sound & wondering if I was going to stop. Took to garage where I've done a lot of business. Said he couldn't find problem. Sensors good, according to him, and no ABS light. Anyway driving under those conditions was nerve racking and I looked for another answer. Long story short neighbor mentioned my problem to a friend that does his work and right away he said ABS. Took it to him and the problem was fixed in one evening. One sensor he cleaned, had accumulated a bit of rust, and he replaced the other because it still acted up. Put used one in that he had on hand and cost me $120.00 for total work. Running fine. Former garage I have lost faith in and he has lost my business...Was looking for a later post on same subject where someone suggested booster. Wanted to thank him for the suggestion but it was the ABS.

I'm having the same issue with my 2004 XLT Premium 4X4. How many sensors are there?

Latest posts