My first Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would of preferred a 3" body lift over changing the torsion bar keys in front and Warrior shackles in the rear. I took a 150 mile trip along a forest service road that isnt used much anymore and because there isnt much up down movement in the ST front end I tore the upper bushings off both front shocks and yes they were longer than stock. :driving:

I have a 3" body lift and torsion twist on front with Warriors in the rear, but I don't like the way the shackles are exposed or the stress that it's putting on the leaf springs - which is noticeable after having them installed for 3-4 months. The torsion twist makes the front end really stiff and I'll probably save up for a coil over for 2wd.

I have 33x12.5" tires on 15x8 Cragars (3.5" BS) with this lift setup and I have ZERO rubbing, could have gone 35's most likely with slight trimming.

In the meantime, I'm saving for...... a 5.0 v8 302 swap and all the joys that come with that like horrible gas mileage and loud exhaust :)

You'll love your ST, especially after you browse this forum and do all kinds of stuff to it.

Latest posts